Lord Dredmor doesn't seem to see very well

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Gorbax, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

He totally ignored me when I positioned myself thusly:

[​IMG]

I could pretty much stand there, tapping the space-bar indefinitely. Do the chandeliers block his vision?

Kazeto and SkyMuffin like this.
  2. Wolg

Wolg Member

No. At some point monsters got perception cones (or similar) that makes sneaking viable. Unfortunately this made some of them practically blind until hit as the radii aren't quite right... and if they don't perceive you for a while they can go back to passive. If that's the case then on hitting them or reapproaching you'll see ? or ! appear on them as they get alerted again.

You have additional sight radius here, so you might just be plain seeing further than he can.

(Once again, I would really like to see zoo monsters go ! when the zoo starts, and be locked against going passive if they can't see you for a while.)

Kazeto likes this.
  3. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

I thought my +5 Sight Radius put me outside of his at first, too, but doesn't he have like a mad Sight Radius? In the code, his span is 50, I always thought that was his aggro radius. Also, his sight cone is 270 degrees and he's facing me. His tool-tip also says he's trying to kill me, so he's definitely not gone passive. When I moved north, he went north as well and then acted normally again.

(And then I killed him)

Kazeto likes this.
  4. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Sometimes the "this monster is trying to kill you" tooltip acts up and appears when it doesn't actually apply (although admittedly this usually only happens with Brax)

Kazeto likes this.