Looking for dedicated alpha testers for Not All That Secret Project

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Essence, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Ok, finding a lot of problems with Deadshot, and fixing them as I find them. I think I've got it mostly working. Try these. :)

Attached Files:

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  2. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Saturday is the day.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Essence

Sweet. I'll see if I can't get Omniscient Strike working by then. I think everything else, I think, is working.

4. Essence

And one more update. Deadshot should be fully functional now but it's not tested blah blah. :) A few other minor changes. The biggest one is Lone Ninja Stance. Please test and let me know if it's OP now. :0

Attached Files:

5. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

Hi! I just hit the crash with skills/warrior/staff-fighting 1_32_2.png that I think someone else already reported. Will see if it's because I was using the wrong version or something.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Essence

Right
    I'll upload they ad soon ad I'm on my. Computer instead of my Kindle

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I have not seen the files yet, but as far as I can recall, I remember that there were dummy trigger spells to call the respective shot. I didn't looked deeply into the code but I though those were useful for the whole cycling buff.
    Omniscient Strike could recall directly the *shot buff, so it shouldn't call any buff cancellation since those dummy cancelling spells are directly surpassed.
    Anyway, I'm excited with this skill tree and I'll test it as soon as I can. ^^

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

Crashed because couldn't find skills/legshot64.png the first time I used Deadshot.

Also, not seeing any skills to actually put me in the Unarmed stances.

Listen, if this stuff is purely my own fault, just tell me.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Essence

Bah. Move all the icons from skills/rogue/deadshot into the main skills folder. I forgot I had changed the path, sorry.

Not sure what you mean about the unarmed stances, though.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

So, everything is going into the /skills/ folder now? Didn't you liked the old path?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Essence

Honestly, I boned it myself. It's a long and complicated story involving very nearly overwriting everything I've done and instead only overwriting some things you've done. I think I might have lost the Dagger/Polearm changes in there, too. :(

12. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

Is Unarmed supposed to have stances like everything else? If so, I can't assume them--I'm not seeing the skill that puts me into the stance.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

They should.
    Btw, back to home, back to dod in some time.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

My work here is finished.:cool:

There is a problem here: the smallicon path of most of the spells is still the old one: "skills/rogue/deadshot/xxx.png"
    I'll fix it in minutes.

Btw, essence, this is the return of the Core Changes? I see the Symbiontic Toadstool.:D

:edit: fixed the icon error, but something is not working right: debug mode says that there's an error at line 5127, but I cannot find it.
    Also, the deadshot cycle jumps over the legshot, after the first cast. And I really cannot understand the meaning of "check for *shot".

Attached Files:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Essence

Damnit, did I get the Core changes back in there by accident in my various tryings to restore my work?

:confused:

The deadshot cycle I THINK till be fixed if you change this:

<effect type="trigger" requirebuffontrigger="1" requirebuffontriggername="Soulshot" spell="Legshot"/>

to this:

<effect type="trigger" amount="1" requirebuffontrigger="1" requirebuffontriggername="Soulshot" spell="Legshot"/>

The problem is that the step that turns Legshot on (the line above) comes before the line that checks for Legshot and turns it into Armshot, so you're actually getting Legshot for a split-second, and then it's getting replaced. In theory, adding "amount='1" to it will still check for Legshot when you click the button, but won't actually activate Legshot until the end of the turn (after the rest of the checks have been gone through.)

If that doesn't work...it'll get more complicated. But I think it'll work. :)

I'll see if I can't get everything back into a no-ECSRII package (and fix Unarmed) and reposted later today.

16. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I've tried that.
    The effect was that the legshot buff activated like it should, but soulshot had the same issue. And putting amount="1" to every trigger made the effect like it was - without legshot.
    Maybe with after="1" or that tag that posticipated the effect to the end of the turn could work?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Loren

Loren Member

Essence: Being lazy, I wonder if you could put the latest everything necessary in the OP. I've seen several DBs, some templates, and even icons floating around. I only want to overwrite what is absolutely necessary, to make sure I'm testing the right stuff.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Essence

Good idea!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

I know what you can do: give the player a temporary buff, then after everything else if they have that buff change it into Legshot

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Essence

Step ahead of you this time, Null. :) Already done. It's in the OP as per Loren's suggestion.

I hope it works.

OmniaNigrum likes this.