Looking for dedicated alpha testers for Not All That Secret Project

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Essence, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Figured out Lone Ninja Law. I was using <effect type="trigger"> with the 'name' argument instead of the 'spell' one. :oops:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Loren

Loren Member

The absurdly long spell names doesn't necessarily cause those spells to not work. I did it with Vampirism Attack and I know for sure that is proccing, but that still doesn't rule it out. I believe I will try out that archery build tonight and post any findings.

On an unrelated note, I had a Vamp/ Master of Arms/ Deadshot/ Unarmed/ Poisoneer/ Warlockery/ Leylines build and I noticed during a zoo clear that there were a lot of "Resisted" showing up randomly in empty tiles. Is this a general game issue, or do you have a non-damaging AoE being thrown out frequently? I had warlockery at 1, and deadshot and poisoneer at 3-4ish.

Edit: always ninja'd

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I'm using my fix to werediggle Diggle Plague and it has this name
    Code:
    <spell name="                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      dummydiggleplague" type="target">
    and it's working like a charm. So no issue with incredibly long names.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  4. Essence

The names I was using are at least 150+ characters longer than that. :)

5. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, I don't think there is a limit of 512 (or 511) characters for the names, so that shouldn't really matter.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Essence

Agreed in principle, but I really can't figure out why the hell the Crossbows and Throwing procs aren't proccing right.

I think it might be a misplaced decimal somewhere, because after 3 floors and 2 monster zoos I did finally have Step Away From The Monster proc correctly a single time. Just once. That mindflipped me more than all of it's previous failures. :confused:

7. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, technically speaking it's still "random chance", so unless you set the chance at 100% there's always the risk that you'll run into a stupid unlucky streak like that. But you already know that.

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  8. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Try just using percent or something and assume percentage is buggy

9. Essence

does percent still work on the various Xbuffs? I'll try that.

Meanwhile, I got Inverse Minion Law to work right by changing the Inversion Minion Remover's removebuffbyname from amount="0" to amount="8".

[edit] I'm also modifying Stone Cold stance to have a 20% chance of knockback (independent of the 20% chance of Crushed Bones), and to grant +1 HP regen (to go with the Lone Ninja Law's regen mechanic that triggers with Stone Cold Stance to make it the 'healing' Unarmed stance.)

And taking Sundered off of the Nerve Strike list. It was out of place.[/edit]

I'm still testing a bit, so I'm not uploading files quite yet, but soon.

10. Essence

OK, I fixed Crossbows. It turns out that crossbowBuff doesn't exist. It's crossbowShotBuff, and once I changed that, everything worked. Oh, and Step Away From The Monster! wasn't working because of a missing exclamation mark.

Things I don't know if they work yet:

Throwing.
    Lone Ninja Badassery's heal that it's supposed to trigger when in Stone Cold Stance.

Am I missing anything else?

BTW, New Files Uploaded. :)

OmniaNigrum, Vitellozzo and Kazeto like this.
  11. Loren

Loren Member

Lone ninja is still not triggering the heal. It didn't seem like it in play, so i bumped it up to the max, and there was nothing- not even the lone ninja buff itself. I'm dumb- see below.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Essence

You're not even getting the buff? Are you using the new files? I'm getting it -- and the Nerve Strike AoE -- just fine.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Loren

Loren Member

I'm relatively sure I am using the new files, but I'll do it again because each time is starting to blur into one.

Edit: Just tried again and I'm an idiot. I had a starter weapon equipped from a different skill.:oops:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Essence

Ok, figured it out. Lone Ninja Badassery now works fully. Turns out 5% of HP was way too big a heal to get each time you got hit. I turned it down to 1+ 1% of HP. We'll see if that's still too much. New files again.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Essence

Yeah, I did that too for a long time, wondering why Badassery wasn't working and why my massive stat bonuses weren't in play.

[EDIT]Found a serious problem...Keepaway freezes the game if the character would attempt to 'step backwards' into the water. Any ideas to avoid this?[/EDIT]

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Loren

Loren Member

If the badasseries and stuff are working, you should add the spaces to take the hit text offscreen. Better test it with the long names in case of huge performance hits or something.

I was doing a run, almost dozing off a few times- thinking I was fine. I died about a minute later.

17. Essence

Get some sleep, Loren. :)

On another note, I'm clearly going to have to do away with Keepaway altogether and come up with a new mechanic for the first Archery stance. I fixed it so it didn't freeze, but it also doesn't work as intended insofar as enemies often attack from the side or back, and the ability causes you to step backwards in relation to the direction you were facing when attacked, rather than in relation to the direction the attack came from.

So, yeah...that has to happen.

OmniaNigrum, Vitellozzo and Kazeto like this.
  18. Essence

One Moar Time! New Files Uploaded!

I got throwing all worked out, and switched up Archery. Getting closer and closer...

19. Essence

Next question: Why is Lightning Blaster not going off, but Thor's Blaster is?

Code:
    <spell name="Thor's Blaster" type="target" icon="skills/spells/fulminaric_bolt32.png" wand="1">
    <effect type="damage" blasting="14" blastingF="0.1" voltaic="22" voltaicF="0.25" secondaryScale="2" />
    <effect type="paralyze" amount="2" turns="2" self="0"/>
    <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/fulminaric_bolt/fulminaric_bolt" frames="10" sync="1" sfx="lightning_bolt" framerate="90" centerEffect="0"/>
    </spell>

<!-- Why is Lightning Blaster not working? --> 

<spell name="Lightning Blaster" type="template" templateID="91" anchored="1">
    <effect type="damage" blasting="6" blastingF="0.1" voltaic="8" voltaicF="0.15" secondaryScale="2"/>
    <effect type="paralyze" amount="3" turns="1"/>
    <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/voltaic_hit/voltaic_hit" frames="8" framerate="90" sfx="elec" />
    </spell>

<spell name="Thor's Hammer" type="adjacent">
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Thor's Blaster"/>
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Lighting Blaster"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Mjolnir Stance" downtime="1" type="self" icon="skills/warrior/macery3_32.png">
    <requirements weapon="2"/>
    <effect type="removebuffbyname" name="Dwarven Handshake Stance"/>
    <effect type="removebuffbyname" name="The Stanley Burrell Stance of Hard Beats"/>
    <buff usetimer="0" allowstacking="0" removable="1" icon="skills/warrior/macery3_64.png" smallicon="skills/warrior/macery3_32.png">
    <primarybuff id="0" amount="30"/>
    <targetHitEffectBuff percentage="100" name="Thor's Hammer"/>
    <description text="You're as mighty as Thor! You hit like a truck, you're particularly tough to kill, and occasionally your mighty blunt weapon throws a...spark. Yeah, that's it. A spark that scales to Burliness!"/>
    </buff>
    </spell>

Anyone?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I can't believe that just happened.

And have you tried using a dummy spell for targeting and then making it trigger Lightning Blaster which would be a 'type="target"' spell?
    I'm throwing it at random since I'm getting ready for work now, but it's the only noticeable difference between the two spells, unless you count the 'self="0"' tag.

OmniaNigrum, Vitellozzo and Essence like this.