Looking for an artist.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by SeptimusHeap, Jun 27, 2012.

1. SeptimusHeap

SeptimusHeap Member

I'm looking for an artist to make some graphics for my Sideshow Hypnosis mod. If I could find someone who I could partner with for my other mods, that would be even better! I would only need a few spell/skill graphics and you'd be credited equally when I publish my mod(s).

2. IchigoRXC

IchigoRXC Member

I have just begun working on some hero animations. While not doing that I could give your spells/skills a crack. Obviously if someone much more experienced in Dredmor Modding comes around, or you just find someone better I will not be offended :)

3. SeptimusHeap

SeptimusHeap Member

Cool! The first icon I'll need is a 64x64 skill icon for the starter skill (Sideshow Hypnosis). I was thinking the picture could be the male hero holding a cliche hypnosis watch, but whatever looks best to you would work. I'll be excited to see the result!

If you have time, here's the complete list of what I need:

64x64 skill icon for 'circus life' (Maybe the hero outside a big top tent?)
    64x64 skill icon for 'limited confusion' (I'm thinking a confused Diggle, do what you like.)
    64x64 skill icon for 'mastery of lethargy' (sleeping spell) (Sleeping monsters?)
    64x64 skill icon for 'entrepreneur of emotion' (Makes enemies fearful, no idea what it should look like)
    64x64 skill icon for 'mind entanglement' (charm spell, hypnotic mind control) (My best idea is a glassy-eyed, zomby-like Diggle, but if you have a better idea, use it.)
    64x64 skill icon for 'self-hypnosis' (buffs stats at cost of mana pool, unlocks inner brainpower) (No idea)

4. IchigoRXC

IchigoRXC Member

Here is what I have come up with so far, please do tell me what you like/dislike about it. It is my first dredmor related work, as the punching animation is still not finished haha. Here it is...
    [​IMG]

shaken, Aegho, TheJadedMieu and 3 others like this.
  5. SeptimusHeap

SeptimusHeap Member

That's...

Amazing! The only complaint I have is that his expression is a bit creepy, and the background makes it a bit confusing, but it's a very minor complaint. Thanks a ton!

6. IchigoRXC

IchigoRXC Member

The gaze was supposed to be hypnotic as was the background. Both can be changed if you want, just suggest ideas for the change :)

7. SeptimusHeap

SeptimusHeap Member

I think it's the mouth that's bugging me, maybe just a straight face. The hair(?) above the eyebrows is also a bit odd, but not that big of a deal.

8. IchigoRXC

IchigoRXC Member

Haha, because of the arrangement of the character, hit top hat has been cut off, so much so that you can't even tell it is there. I may get rid of it. As for the mouth I shall sort that for you :)

9. IchigoRXC

IchigoRXC Member

Here it is with a straighter face and the hat removed :)
    [​IMG]

shaken likes this.
  10. SeptimusHeap

SeptimusHeap Member

Great! Thanks a ton!

I'd love it if you could also do these at your own pace, no rush!
    64x64 skill icon for 'circus life' (Maybe the hero outside a big top tent?)
    64x64 skill icon for 'limited confusion' (I'm thinking a confused Diggle, do what you like.)
    64x64 skill icon for 'mastery of lethargy' (sleeping spell) (Sleeping monsters?)
    64x64 skill icon for 'entrepreneur of emotion' (Makes enemies fearful, no idea what it should look like)
    64x64 skill icon for 'mind entanglement' (charm spell, hypnotic mind control) (My best idea is a glassy-eyed, zomby-like Diggle, but if you have a better idea, use it.)
    64x64 skill icon for 'self-hypnosis' (buffs stats at cost of mana pool, unlocks inner brainpower) (No idea)

11. IchigoRXC

IchigoRXC Member

This is just a quick mock up for the Circus Idea. It was very quick to make compared to the first, so if you do not like it, it does not matter :)
    [​IMG]

shaken likes this.
  12. SeptimusHeap

SeptimusHeap Member

Great! If it wouldn't be too much of a hassle, could you move his head slightly closer to the center?

13. IchigoRXC

IchigoRXC Member

Here it is a little more central. I quite liked him popping in from the side, but I am not the mod maker ;) hope this is ok.
    [​IMG]

shaken likes this.
  14. SeptimusHeap

SeptimusHeap Member

Thanks, that's great! I sort of did like him popping from the side, I might use that.

When you have time, could you do the confusion one?

15. Zylo

Zylo Member

I am the milk man. My Milk is delicious.

16. SeptimusHeap

SeptimusHeap Member

?

Ichigo, how are you doing on the next one?

17. IchigoRXC

IchigoRXC Member

Sorry a bit busy at the moment, have some actual work to do. I will get back to it Sunday I am sure.

18. SeptimusHeap

SeptimusHeap Member

OK, have you started on the next one yet?

19. SeptimusHeap

SeptimusHeap Member

20. IchigoRXC

IchigoRXC Member

Sorry, I have been busy doing work. When I am done I will get back onto the project. Money trumps social projects I am afraid, a guys gotta eat.