Little icon on buff marker

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Average Joe, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Average Joe

Average Joe Member

I ate a mushroom during play this afternoon, and it gave me a "Royal Vim" buff, which from the icon I understood to provide a +12 max health buff.

But next to the buff picture on the left side of the screen was a small, yellow, shield-shaped icon with a '5' in it. It looked like it had a crack in it, too, as if the shield were broken.

This little icon had no tooltip, and it didn't look like any of the stat icons that I could see on the character panel.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what it means?

2. Aegho

Aegho Member

It means the buff is brittle. The number gets reduced by 1 every time you take damage(amount of damage irrelevant), and the buff is removed when it reaches 0.

3. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

That means this buff is fragile (or brittle, however you decide to call it), i.e. every hit you take will decrease the counter by 1, and when it reaches 0 the buff will break.
    The same applies to buffs with a broken sword icon, only those deplete when you hit something.

Edit: Aegho, you ninja!

4. Aegho

Aegho Member

Actually... They deplete when you make an attack(melee, crossbow, or thrown, but not abilities/magic). Hitting is not required.

:D

5. Average Joe

Average Joe Member

Sweet. Thanks for the info!