Let's Play. No, really, let's play!

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Essence, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Let me try to get this save working. I'm a little busy at the moment though so It'll take me a bit.

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

You don't need the bitmap FYI. It just won't load the screenshot.

Edit: Save's crashing for me. Tried multiple ways... have the mods. Not sure what's happening.

3. Loren

Loren Member

Good, I'm not crazy. Let's get this ironed out; I think this will be fun.

4. Wi§p

Wi§p Member

I hope this gets fixed soon, it seems really interesting.. please post detailed descriptions of what you see when you load in, and what you think has happened already, for the viewers ofcourse ^^

5. Exactly which mods (with version number, if possible) did you load, Essence? Perhaps there's a small version difference that you or we don't have matched up. I'm on a PC; are you?

Has anyone managed to load this save file? Would anyone else be willing to try?

6. Guys, I think I almost have it. I think one of the skill ID tags is wrong though
    [​IMG]
    Attempting to fix

Edit: I was right, 607 is a non-existent ID tag. Just have to figure out which skill that's supposed to be so I can put in the proper tag.

7. Loren

Loren Member

The skill with the tag you're missing is wild magic, and the game crashes for me when I attempt to load from that screen.

8. Oh duh, no wonder the skill ID was missing. I read WIND magic, not WILD magic
    [​IMG]
    Success. If no one minds I will take my turn now.

Edit: I'll start when everyone else is able to figure out what's going on. And if someone wanted to go ahead of me that's fine since I was dead last on the list.

Essence likes this.
  9. Daynab

Essence quick question, what's your OS? Taking a wild guess here, wondering if there's problems with 32bit and 64bit cross saves.

10. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Windows XP. And the only mods loaded were Wild Magic, and the two Essential skill packs.

So what did you do, Bunny?

11. I got the second save you posted, dropped it in the Documents/Gaslamp Games/DoD folder, edited the loadsave.dat, then loaded up the game. Daynab and I tried to crack why it wasn't working for anyone else last night but we just could not figure out what was going on.

12. Essence

Loren/Daynab, you all have the latest version of the mods, too, right? IDK if it would crash the game since it's not used, but I did update EDoDSI pretty heavily a week or two ago...
    ???

13. Loren

Loren Member

I updated each of those mods before loading. So far the best possibility seems to be a 32/64 bit incompatibility. I assume your XP is 32 bit. Bunny is on windows 7 32bit, and I believe daynab is on 64bit. Bunny could load daynab's save, but not vice versa. I will try one each of theirs when I get a chance and see if I can only load daynab's save.

14. Essence

Yeah, I'm on 32bit.

15. Daynab

Yeah I'm on 64bit, and yes I have the latest version of all the mods :/

16. Essence

So it looks like we have to choose all players that are on the same bit-level OS. Bummer. :(

17. Loren

Loren Member

It's a perfect reason to upgrade OSes!

18. Blind Piper

Blind Piper Member

There could be separate threads for 32 and 64 bit groups, at least.

19. I'm on a pretty mediocre computer; Win7 is actually less taxing on my 2 gigs of ram and ancient video card than WinXP is, resulting in better game performance and no video card-rellated crashes. Do it! Join us... in the future!

20. Essence

OK, so then: this will be the 32-bit game.

We have me and Bunny. Anyone else want to join us here in 32-bit playground land? :D