Let's make new diggles together

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SkyMuffin, Apr 13, 2012.

1. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

• Chef Diggle - Drops a random medium strength food (some cheese, tofu, dire sandwich, etc)
    • Construction Diggle - Drops random crafting item, usually Smithing or Tinkering
    • Diggle Farmer - Drops a modest pile of fruits (or maybe someday, veggies)
    • A diggle that splits into several smaller diggles when killed.
    • Mustache Diggle - actually a mustache golem with a cheap-looking drill nose mask on.
    • Diggle Djinn
    • Ghost diggle/diggle wight/haunted diggle
    • Zombie diggle
    • Vampiric diggle
    • Diggle Lich - casts necro damage spells. when killed, drops a phylactery containing its soul. If the phylactery is not destroyed within 10 turns, it respawns.
    • Frozen Diggle
    • Fire Diggle
    • Diggle with The Runs (noxious cloud around it)
    • Scout Diggle - moves two spaces per turn, low health
    • Paper/flat Diggle - sucked in from another dimension
    • Mecha Diggle
    • Samurai Diggle
    • Diggle Politician/Diggle Mayor/Diggle Senator/Diggle President
    • Voraciously Hungry and Thirsty Diggle
    • Glowing/Radiaction Diggle
    • Cute Diggle (does almost no damage, killing it gives you a -20 hp debuff or something like that)
    • I'd also like to see some kind of new diggle type that has a ranged attack. Like a Deadly Laser-Diggle.

Kazeto and OmniNegro like this.
  2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Thank you. This looks good.

Quark Diggles. Any ideas how to implement them? (I have been reading the physics thread...)

There should be a basic Diggle of every element too. And plenty that are just called "Diggle" that are actually a random subtype that is not known to the player.

There should even be friendly Diggles of several types mixed in for no reason.

Flying Diggles.

Teleporting Diggles. (They could be a type of the transmutive elemental Diggles.)

Digging Diggles. (I was always puzzled why Diggles cannot seem to actually dig in the game.)

Nazi Diggles. (You knew that was coming, right?)

Dungeon Neighborhood Watch Diggles.

Diggle Martial Artists. (Very heavy dodge chance with good counter chance too.)

Ninja Diggles.

Clockwork Diggles. (This may be exactly what you meant by Mecha in your post.)

Crossdresser Diggles. (Not really serious. Just slap some lipstick and heels on a Diggle sprite and call it a day.)

Janitor Diggles. (Broom based attacks and they drop a broom on death.)

I could keep going, but you all get the idea.

SkyMuffin likes this.
  3. Wayfinder

Wayfinder Member

THЭИ ШЭ ИЭЭD ЯED CФMMUИISTIC DIGGLЭS THДT ШILL DЯФP VФDKД ДFTЭЯ DЭДTH
    No, seriously!
    Also, Demonic Diggles.

And it will be nice to add in the game new kind of monster - Hobdigglin, hybride of diggle and goblin.

SkyMuffin likes this.
  4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

• Spiderdiggle - Somewhere in the dungeon, something went wrong. Now this diggle wanders the darkest corners of it, spewing goopy stuff on unsuspecting adventurers.
    • Adventurer Diggle - You better watch out. This monster is trying to steal your job.
    • Two-headed Diggle - an experiment gone awry
    • Cultural Appropriation Diggle- wearing an "indian" headdress, cat ears, etc. Spews rainbows at you.
    • Diggle Priest
    • Rock Diggle - This diggle has spent so much time around rocks, he is one now.

5. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

It would sure be helpful if you gave basic info about these guys (does transmutative damage, has a ranged web attack, appears on DL 7, drops booze on death, &c.).

6. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

7. Grim Peeper

Grim Peeper Member

If these guys aren't hanging out with Soldier Diggle, Cowboy Diggle, Cop Diggle, and Biker Diggle, I'll be sorely disappointed.

8. FaxCelestis

BRB MAKING VILLAGE DIGGLES ROOM

(its fun to stay at the yyyyyy d c a)

9. HowlingLotus

HowlingLotus Member

Gentlemen Diggles
    [​IMG]
    They wander the dungeons with their top hots, monocles, and cane.
    At Range:
    Hurl a sack of Zorkmids at the player [:dmg_crushing: Damage)
    Up Close:
    Hits the player in the leg by twirling its cane (15% to Stun, :dmg_piercing: Damage)
    Upon Defeat:
    Drops a minimum of 150 Zorkmids x Floor #

"Yes, yes. Quite, quite. Excellent showing my good Sir!"

Aquaman likes this.
  10. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

OmniNegro likes this.
  11. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

This is not D&D, Skymuffin. :)

How about the D&D Diggle, it attacks by rolling dice at you. :)
    Why would you suggest that? :( Now I have to summon Bodaks to use their death gaze on you.

Also, Nazi Diggle, really, Omni, really? :confused:
    Does it say "Ve have vays of making you talk." in an overly thick German accent? Or something comedic

How about the Nietzsche Diggle? :) It starts by saying, "Behold the Superman, er, Diggle."

How about the Krong Diggle? It attacks by corrupting your equipment and it plays the sound effect when Krong is displeased. :)
    And it drops an anvil when it dies. Obviously, it should be very rare.

12. FaxCelestis

Some of these will go into FaxPax, so's you know. Won't tell you which ones until I make a release.

OmniNegro and SkyMuffin like this.
  13. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

i am so excited about new diggles.

14. Tycho

Tycho Member

SkyMuffin likes this.
  15. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Ah. I know I only suggested a few new diggles, but still, I thought the Nietzsche diggle was funny. :)

How about the Keystone Kops diggle? It looks like a diggle with an old style police helmet on, and it doesn't do any real damage.

16. Giygas

Giygas Member

How about the Existential Diggle? (however you spell it)

It randomly turns invisible and visible again. When it is visible, it deals piercing like any other diggle. When it is invisible, it deals existential damage instead (and has a ton of existential resistance).

I suppose most of that could be accomplished through a buff or something. It has a buff on it that lasts for 5 turns that grants it [x] piercing damage. When the buff dies out, it creates a new buff for 5 turns that grants it [x] existential damage, [x] existential resistance, and invisibility. When THAT buff dies out, it switches back to the first buff. Etc etc etc...

OmniNegro likes this.
  17. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

For the record, yes David. Really. :)

Nazi Diggles make me laugh. Why? Because adding them to a mod would at least technically make that mod illegal in Germany. Can we say Denial?

Besides, Godwin would have to approve this one. :)

I can already feel the glare of several people. They look at my post and think "Kill the Nazi Sympathizer"...

For the record, I do not support the Nazi movement/party. I never did. But they are just that. A political party. They did horrible things. But they were pretty much destroyed briefly afterwards. I suggest Nazi Diggles as humor. Nothing more. I do not have literal contempt for the laws of Germany though. I just think they should worry about real problems more than trying to arrest or fine people for the use of a word that may reflect badly on a dead political party.

Now if no-one minds, I would be glad to get back to Diggles and ignore that aspect of discussion forever more. (I know it never works, but I try.)

Diggle Shoe Salesmen. They do not melee at all. They instead throw shoes at you and demand absurd prices. They may have something to do with Diggle Boot Camp too. :) (Can they steal Zorkmids like hungry/thirsty steal food/drinks?)

Diggle Rappers. They deal Existential damage since no-one can understand what they are screaming about.

Diggle Politicians should not use :dmg_righteous:. No politician is "Righteous" at all. :dmg_necromatic: or :dmg_putrefying: sound about right though.

Diggle Non Combatants. They do not fight, and will heal anyone they can. Even you. (Is it possible to make them have a buff that rolls the dice every turn to determine if they are friendly or not? If so, do it and make their attacks do no damage, but have a 100% proc of a minor heal similar to what normal Diggle damage would be at that level.)

Diggle Generals. They do not fight, but they summon wimpy and pathetic untrained Diggles every turn. (They would have to be special and restricted to a certain room to prevent them from filling the level.)

Pathetic Untrained Diggles. They are the same as normal Diggles, but 1/3 the stats. Think of them as freshly drafted Diggle soldiers that have not made it through Diggle Boot Camp.

More to come...

18. FaxCelestis

Schrodinger's Diggle, lol.

Grim Peeper likes this.
  19. Tycho

Tycho Member

Open a chest and it pops out. %50 chance it's dead already.

20. HowlingLotus

HowlingLotus Member

Night of the Living Diggles / Thriller Diggles?