Last Skills does not work (no mods)

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Musaab, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Musaab

Musaab Member

I do not have any mods installed.

I have been issues with Last Skills at the skill selection screen since RotDG came out. And the issue continues. It always puts together some Mace/Piracy build (always the same build) and never respects my last chosen skills unless I choose them without ever quitting the game. But whenever I load up the game again, I get the same old last skills.

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Try deleting the contents of your documents/gaslamp games folder.

3. Musaab

Musaab Member

I have tried that numerous times, as well as shutting off Steam Cloud...as well as everything else. None of it changes anything.

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried the -nukesteamcloud parameter? it seems to fix a bunch a random issues. Run it only once.

Oh and it will delete your saves, so finish any games before.

5. Musaab

Musaab Member

That fixed it. Thanks...I didn't know about that option :)

6. Musaab

Musaab Member

Thanks! Problem solved. I didn't know about that option.

7. Musaab

Musaab Member

The problem was solved, but now whenever I choose Last Skills, it just chooses the first seven skills (swords, axes, maces, etc). And it does it every time.

8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Which means that it's synchronizing with the Steam cloud yet again, only there's no data for "Last Skills" there so it chooses the first seven skill trees.

You can either disable Steam cloud, or nuke it again.

9. Musaab

Musaab Member

I nuked it again and it still doesn't work. Instead of my file being written to the cloud, it overwrites the files I have on local.