Kung Fu (beta)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Essence, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Werediggler

Werediggler Member

I've noticed all of your DoD Skill packs have a martial art in them. Bushido, Ninjitsu, and now, Kung-Fu, what's next Chun Kuk Do?

2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Drunken boxing, IIRC. :)

3. Okinawan Kempo (Staves) and Akido (the monster).

4. Razarus

Razarus Member

Essence could you kinda "wiki" your skills? (What they do and the proc rates etc.) so that i know earlier wassup with them.
    Also Kung Fu is probably your best skill set and one of the best skills sets EVER overall, i simply love it, im on floor 5 and maxed it out along with Qui Gong (now maxing unarmed) and i LOVE IT!

ElectricMessiah likes this.
  5. Essence

I'm working up a full document for when I release the combined Compleat Essential Skillz mod. :)

Kung Fu is a bit OP as-is, so (just a forewarning) in the CES, it's going to have an "apprentice" level that doesn't give a Style and an 80-HP buff gate so you can't take the first real Style until around the end of DL3~start of DL4 (assuming to take mostly Warrior levels and/or stack Mossy Shields/other HP gear to get there.) The Batty Style level comes with -80 HP, but all of the Styles come with +80 HP, so it's really just a "you have to be this tall to ride this ride" trick. :)

ElectricMessiah likes this.
  6. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tested saving two skill points and trying to take two skills in a row if one of them has a massive HP penalty and the other has a buff meant to offset it? Would you die as soon as you spent your first point or not? Just wondering.

7. Loren

Loren Member

The way esence has it, you need to activate the skills from the bar in order to get the health. No way to cheat in that regard.

8. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Ah, I see.

9. zellking

zellking Member

Well, i decided to give this a go, since it looked pretty intresting.
    would it be possible to implement scaling? im not too much into the modding scene myself, so i not sure.
    just seems some of the moves are a bit too much at the lower levels.
    also, im guessing the rock form thing is suppost to get rid of all your nimbleness, but i still had 3 left (no idea why) so you might have to change it to reduce all the things nimbleness increases.

10. Essence

if you switch over to Compleat Essential Skills, zellking, you'll find that scaling is implemented. The nimbleness penalty from Statue Form is static -- you probably just happened to have 53 Nimbleness. :)