kronging false positives

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by indelacio.co.uk, Apr 7, 2012.

1. I suspected for a while but made sure to double check and with some items Im getting false positives on krongings, it is stating bonuses which already naturally applied to the item so nothing is actually ever added but if a negative kronging occurs it majorly screws the item, I think there should never be a false positive and at least one stat should be added otherwise it becomes pointless and its hard to tell what is actually krongable and what isnt.

2. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Krong has never done that to me.
    Can you clarify? Because that seems very odd.

For example, if you enchant a fedora, does it not display the bonus you get from Kronging it?
    You'll always get at least 1 power up per Positive enchantment.
    So, let's say you get 1 acid damage. Does the acid damage show up in the result window? Or on your character screen? Because it does that to me.

I've had a few times where it looked like he didn't give me anything, but when I wore it, I noticed it did.
    Are you enchanting a Magma Mace? If you do, and you get fire damage added by Krong, it may not display correctly on the result menu.
    But it will still add fire damage/fire resistance.
    If you Krong an item with cold damage, and Krong enchants it with more cold damage, does it not display the cold damage bonus at all?

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately, it seems to happen on some specific items, some of the time. This needs to be cleaned up.

4. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Oh, okay. I wasn't aware. I never ran into any that did that.
    I know the Plague Doctor's mask doesn't give you any experience when you send it to the museum. Even if it's a quest reward
    Maybe that's one?

5. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

I had a mixed result on Krong today. +1 to one stat, -1 to another. But it said it was a curse.