Kickstarter Thread

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Godwin, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

nine hundred thousand dollars, what the actual crap

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Aegho

Aegho Member

A rather realistic cost for the production of a large scale RPG, possibly lowballing it. Remember skullgirls asking $250k to develop a single character? Computer game development is expensive.

Project Eternity asked for $1.1million. Torment asked for $900k. Wasteland 2 asked for $900k.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  3. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

I should specify
    nine hundred thousand dollars in only 12 days, what the actual crap

4. Aegho

Aegho Member

I don't know how long it's been up, but the first update posted was november 13, and the oldest comment was november 11.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I doubt they will make the kickstarter goal, but if they had more press and time, they would be almost guaranteed.

I know, it sounds crazy, but remember that Gasoline is sometimes $5 a gallon here in the US. A decent meal costs no less than that to make. People will pay a lot of money for a good RPG, or even the hope of one in the future.

Kazeto likes this.
  6. Godwin

Godwin Member

Haldurson, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  7. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, that ... actually looks quite tempting. I don't know whether to support it or not (ah, the indecisiveness of a man with lack of time and a three-digit-long list of games to play), but I have to say that it looks good and the music is, well, great.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Godwin

Godwin Member

Kazeto, Daynab and OmniaNigrum like this.
  9. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Looks pretty cool!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Backed Approaching Infinity. Sounds good. Thanks!

11. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

12. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

very roguelike
    such loot
    many failure

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Godwin

Godwin Member

Backed Catacomb kids as well... looks really great, especially the video about the rock :eek:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Wasteland 2 is currently in beta and is available for early access on steam. I donated to the kickstarter, but not enough to get beta access so I haven't been able to give it a shot yet.

15. Aegho

Aegho Member

Yeah I saw that... but I'm not paying €45 for a beta. Mind you I understand that the pricing is to match the kickstarter level for beta access.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  16. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

17. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

"The Phoenix Project - City of Titans" has a new video (I have no idea what a shorty award is -- never heard of it before, but the video illustrates a history of the progress made towards the game. I know that a lot of people here are skeptical about the project. And this may not change any minds. But it does show some interesting stuff by the end of the video.
    http://shortyawards.com/video/lMK

18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

You should probably link the actual kickstarter here too.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/missingworldsmedia/the-phoenix-project-city-of-titans

As for me, I hated my few hours playing City of Heroes. So I hope this is a much improved game. But I will probably never give it a chance since it is going to be a MMO and a pay to play game anyway. (And there is a lot of potential there to become a pay to win game as we have discussed in other threads.)

There is the promise of it being free to play, but that model seems doomed to fail since most real players will pay for "VIP" access and the benefits they will derive from that. (Although those details are not specified, nor even decided, and they have enough experience to avoid making it a PTW game.)

Time will tell the story here. If you liked CoH, this should be a great game to move to when it is done.

Kazeto likes this.
  19. Godwin

Godwin Member

20. Aegho

Aegho Member

Those character models though... they look like they belong in an amateur game for the C64.