Keyboard attacking

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sepioth, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Sepioth

Sepioth Member

Can you make it so it's possible to attack with the keyboard by just pressing in the direction of a monster. Also make it so holding Shift will use throw,cast, shoot etc. towards whatever direction you press.

I find it somewhat of a pain to use mouse to move around. I like too use the keyboard to move but have to keep hand on mouse to interact and do everything else. Be nice if game was less dependent on the mouse.

2. Embolus

Embolus Member

I can see it working for melee attacks, but not ranged ones; considering a lot of the time you would not be shooting directly up/down/left/right, and a lot of ranged skills are targeted rather than directed.

3. Danswan

Danswan Member

it works fine in Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, you just press f and select your target using the arrow keys, then it remembers which monster you aimed at for easier rapid fire.

4. Econael

Econael Member

I walk with the keyboard too, for melee characters (and lower levels) it would be nice to be able to attack with the keyboard (Spacebar maybe)

5. +10000
    please squeeze that in (todays?) patch :D

edit: oh and picking up items via kb would be nice too

6. Sepioth

Sepioth Member

Awesome. Saw in newest patch changelog this was added. Can not wait for 1.0.3.

Thanks

7. Econael

Econael Member

yeah, picking up with the keyboard too!

where do you read the patchlogs?

8. Sepioth

Sepioth Member

For future reference patch notes are typically on the Blog page from the homepage....

http://www.gaslampgames.com/blog/

9. Rikkard

Rikkard Member

Note of bug: If you try to attack by moving into a door, it will try to close the door before attacking the enemy. You sit there doing nothing because the door is blocked.