Kanadian Goalie: NOT in time for Canada Day!

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by TSED, Jul 3, 2012.

1. TSED

TSED Member

Whoops.

In effect, the Kanadian Goalie is the opposite kind of wizard from a Promethean Mage. While a Promethean kills stuff with offensive applications of conflagratory damage, the Kanadian Goalie kills stuff with defensive applications of hyperborean damage. This may or may not be a coincidence. Long story short, though: defensive wizard who also REALLY likes it when stuff gets blocked.

PATCHETHED v0.12. The following things were changed:
    - No longer gives a toque as starting equipment because it completely nullifies wights if you have RotDG. Instead, Fax was an awesomemans and made a goalie shinpad graphic, and a Kanadian Goalie now starts with shinpads! Yaaay!
    - Fixed the main skill's description being missing, Zambonian Mists having the wrong description, and made the icons for the pre-skill stuff (like the selection) be the toqued graphic. That's right, I took away the toque and then made the graphic toqued.
    - Made the descriptions as a whole more lore-friendly.
    - Recursive part of The Last Line of Defence For The Last Line of Defence unresistable, so as to actually be, you know, a worthwhile buff if you have any sort of magic resist.
    - Upped damage on the Doncherry commentaries slightly (because hyperborean is such a bad offensive damage type), and also made them so they do not affect you.
    - First skill starts you off with +3 block instead of +1.
    - Added +block to the Zambonian Mists and also to the Recursive Last Line of Defence. It only makes sense, you know?

Doncherry's Cutting Remarks:
    When you block something (an attack, a puck, whatever) the great Canadian patron Doncherry will provide chilling criticisms for your nearby attackers! (Adjacent squares)

Shutout:
    And now when you block something, you create a lockdown effect which traps opponents in a 2x3 pattern in front of you. Just like a goalie's crease. Cough.

Zambonian Mists:
    Summon the Zambonian Mists and enjoy the slowly increasing armour, magic resist, and randomized (but stacking!) resists. Ignore the weird empty-ish icon; this was needed to get the random resists in there.

Provincial Rivalry:
    Choose between one of two modes: Knight of the French Kanadiens, and Knight of the Order of Maple Leafs. A Maple Leaf will create (stacking) damage-resist when struck (50% of the time), while a French Kanadien will get the same damage-resist while attacking (75% of the time). The French Kanadien mode must be manually placed into the skill bar.

Tri-Polar:
    The North Goal Posts of Kanada are numerous, and this makes it very confusing to score against them. A maintained one-hit buff that will sometimes morph into other one-hit brittle buffs, with no regard for your will as the player. In fact, you don't even control which North Goal you'll be goaltending at first!

The 'Eh?' Team:
    Need to survive something big and willing to dump a lot of mana into it? Well, now's your chance! A recursively increasing, mana-draining buff that will leave you an impregnable wall (until it wears off). Also, as a star goalie, Doncherry will make occasional chillier comments!

Pull The Goalie:
    Sometimes it just makes more strategic sense to bring 6 linesmen onto the field instead. Like when the goalie's almost dead. Get pulled to the bench and maybe break the rules when you rush back in after the ref's not looking! (Kanadian refs often succumb to attacks from ice demons and carnivorous moose.)

Total stat bonuses: +2 armour, +9 block, +7 hyperborean resist, +2 crushing resist, +2 piercing resist

Attached Files:

Onamar, Essence, OmniNegro and 3 others like this.
  2. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

downloading to try out later today :) sounds great!

3. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

4. TSED

TSED Member

I have made a number of very minor changes to Kanadian Goalie, and I think they're for the better. Y/N?

5. Truckasaurus

Truckasaurus Member

Great skill line, the only gripe I have with it is that the template for zambonian mists doesn't cover the square you're standing on, plus it buffs monsters too. That's a fun one to realize when you're cornered.

6. Frelus

Frelus Member

That has to be nice.... "And now, for my next trick.... I will, seemingly, buff you and leave me standing just like before.... FAAAAAAAX!!!"

Aegho and OmniNegro like this.
  7. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

I dunno if TSED has worked on the mod since his last post, but I seem able to stack both Knights of the French Canadian and The Maple Leaf. I'm guessing just adding that "removebuff" line thing would fix that, but I thought I'd let the dev know.