Jogging for health and You.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Oathbreaker, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Oathbreaker

Oathbreaker Member

Food is pretty scarce in a lot of situations unless you're cheesing along with Vampirism.

So the default best way to regain health continues to be to close all the doors and stand there tapping your space bar or running from side to side with accelerated time enabled (+/- buttons on your main keyboard, not NumKeyPad).

Or you can start jogging - it might be a soft "j", I'm not sure, pronounced like "yogging", it's supposed to be great.

Find a long stretch of straight unimpeded floor, enable time compression/speed up the animations, hold down your movement key in the direction you want to go and keep it held down while you then press the other direction as needed. You only need to press and release one of the buttons, the other is held down constantly.

Turns out it's the fastest way to regain health and also gets you individual, randomly spawned monsters early on if you need experience points.

So what's the solution to this?

The solution is to either nerf it/take it out of the game and/or improve the availability of food somehow. Have the original food machine re-stock maybe? The proper solution is probably to let monsters drop food once in a while.

2. pauyasfyla

pauyasfyla Member

Whenever I do this, the enemies outside the the door tend to clump up like zombies ready for some eatin'. I'll usually only spam spacebar to a point to where I feel comfortable (maybe 5-10 HP). So this doesn't cause too much of a problem.

I also saw that the next patch may grant certain enemies the ability to open doors (Velociraptor Diggles). So that'll make things interesting.

3. NefariousKoel

NefariousKoel Member

You'll get enough food after the first level. It's just tight for a short period in the beginning.

4. jareddm

jareddm Member

Next patch will include monsters that can open doors. Be warned.

5. jhffmn

jhffmn Member

Or you can take fungal arts and then monsters drop mushrooms that can heal you/provide lifesteal