Alpha 47 Job priorities

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Mikel, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

For workshops, it is safe to leave filters off for most colony maintenance jobs, knowing that workshop tasks take priority over gathering/hauling/etc.

Is the same true for offices? I have a foreign office that really seemed to do nothing at all for at least a full day cycle. I disabled all of the job types, but haven't check to see if that fixed the problem... but it makes me wonder if the intrinsic jobs of the offices are at a higher priority than the background tasks.

2. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

For offices, I definitely need to disable all jobs. It's critical for foreign office, chapel, barber.

For ones like naturalist it's fine to let them do other things.

3. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

For the Foreign Office you should turn hauling off because it will (currently) take priority over paperwork.

4. Mikel

That seems kind of odd to me... Some jobs, like mines and the foreign office could be expected to be always on... Others have explicit tasks that could be given some sense of priority...

5. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Ah yes, Mines (like farms) always have a job (unless you are bad and cancel that job, it will mess up then)

The foreign office doesn't have a constant job on the list though.

6. Mikel

It would not surprise me if that changed... One thing that caught my eye last night was the bug desk you can build in the carpentry shop that seems tailor-made for a foreign office... but it's not in the list of default modules. I assume that is possibly an oversight.