It's out!!!

Discussion in 'Realm of the Diggle Gods' started by Unibrow, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

Arx Fatalis is pretty good though.

2. I'm hoping it'll have that essence that Daggerfall has. I love a good dungeon crawl, and the demo created just such an impression.

3. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I tried validating it and it said everything was correct, but the installed dlc is called "ValveTestApp98820"

4. Ketsukie

Ketsukie Member

Probably the fastest $3 I've ever spent in my life.

Now to just wait till it's ready to go

5. jadkni

jadkni Member

Unfounded shot in the dark - but is the wrong version up? Sounds like everyone has ValveTestApp98820.

6. Borodin

Borodin Member

I've got ValveTestApp98820, too. Hasn't really installed, nothing beyond 1.08 in the game.

I suspect this is Modern Marketing. You pay for the experience of anticipation. That's all that matters.

7. Neviskio

Neviskio Member

Eheh well valve needs to fix this, funnily enough I don't even have the valvetestapp <.< hopefully will work soon enough <.<

8. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

I meant after it's actually up and ready, sorry. ^^;

Once it's actually been released by Valve, if anything is messed up, revalidate it, and Steam should be able to fix it right up. Hopefully.

9. Borodin

Borodin Member

Right-click on DoD in your column of games in the Library, and choose DLC.

10. Neviskio

Neviskio Member

Eh in that panel I have "Dungeons of dredmor expansion" and it rightly says bought on steam, though I can't do anything with it =P Sent a message to support maybe they will notice the screw-up since, atleast for me, it isn't working at all...

11. Borodin

Borodin Member

If they don't respond, I'm sure the developers will have a nice chat with them. Something involving tentacular wands in places where no tentacular wand has gone before, I'm sure.

12. devotfeige

devotfeige Member

Probably a bit early to ask, but does anyone know how exactly the DLC is added to the main game? By that I mean: is it a separate selectable thing, is Lord Dredmor moved deeper into the dungeon, are new enemies/things scattered around the already existing levels, etc?

...essentially I'm trying to figure out if I should go ahead and buy this once everything's sorted or wait until I manage to kill Dredmor at least once in the main game, first.

13. jadkni

jadkni Member

I got the impression that it tacks 5 more floors onto the end of the dungeon. Of course, probably worth waiting anyway for the new skills.

14. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Correct, and new monsters on the old floors too, plus new scripted rooms.

15. Borodin

Borodin Member

New items, too. Hoopla.

But first, we must play Steam's game. And they're winning.

16. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

I cannot believe that, even in its broken state and without doing the press rounds, we're at #7 on the Steam Top Sellers list.

... it's been a good day for Valve Test App #98820.

Exile, Essence, Godwin and 1 other person like this.
  17. refill

refill Member

Because it's awesome. Even if I can't play it yet. I just know.

It'll be pretty great when I get to play it though. Any word on what the trouble is? Just Chirstmassy Steam curfuffles?

18. RKade8583

RKade8583 Member

It makes the game 50% longer as well as adding new skills, items, rooms, traps, etc. and it's only $3. How great a deal is that?

Besides, if you'll remember, I said I'd buy it ASAP and I did... well, technically my friend bought it for me for Christmas but it's the same idea.

19. Jim Fear

Jim Fear Member

Krampus and [REDACTED] are no longer allowed to hang out and drink Diggle Nog. This is the hell they cause...

20. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

Your fanbase is crazier than a pack (flock?) of rabid diggles.