Is it possible to alter the ratios of Anvils of Krong?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Sniktch, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Sniktch

Sniktch Member

Either based on a specific skill level, or just in general?

2. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Look in tweakDB.xml ? Might be something in there, though that can't be modded yet and only applies globally.

3. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

Yes you can, it's in tweakDB. I think by default it's set at 3 max per floor.

4. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Well as far as the amount goes theres only three per floor because there's only three unique krong rooms and none can spawn more than once per floor.
    The tweakDB for that is out of date, krong anvils used to be completely random in any room

As far as the stats if you meant that then no.

5. Sniktch

Sniktch Member

I had meant the curse-to-bless, not the spawn rate - the thought I had was to make crafting skills gain you favor with Krong. The more crafting skills you have, the more likely you are to be blessed/less likely to be cursed. But if it's hardcoded...

Wi§p likes this.
  6. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Put it in the Modding Requests thread!

7. That's a great idea. Not having ever taken a crafting skill (in this game, Skyrim, etc), I had been assuming that Krong's favor was stronger with crafters; hearing that it's not is a mite unintuitive and disappointing based on the game's flavor text.

8. Ryvian

Ryvian Member

Play with cheat mode on: play on Dwarven moderation or Elven whatever, don't pick permadeath (dunno if it still applies); save before smithing on krong, if it's a good stat, save and move on, otherwise ctrl+alt+delete, close the DoD, restart right before you kronged. Rinse and repeat until you get desired effects :D

9. Null

Completely unrelated to the topic or the forum.
    I suggest reading the opening post before posting.

mining, Kazeto, Wi§p and 2 others like this.
  10. Sniktch

Sniktch Member

Oh, I'm not too precise on the numbers - if you base "max positive" off only having one craft skill line, you'll end up vastly overpowering those who take multiples. If you base it off multiples, you weaken single-craft-skillers. Then again....hm. 4 craft skills. Each has 5 levels - save for Tinkering, which has a 6th available, but given it's item-or-Diggle-god only, skip factoring it in. So 20 levels of craft available in normal, basic play. Instead of modding the 5:2 ratio of bless/curse, instead mod the bless/curse directly - a curse is always 4 negative points ATM. Make it a variable from say 2 to 7 - and recode Krong so that it checks your Alchemy, Smithing, Tinkering, and Wand Craft skill levels, and negates 1 point of curse applied per 2 craft levels. Do NOT extend this to making a curse ever possibly having a buff effect - a completely nulled curse is registered as "We're sorry, the number you have dialed is not available at this time. Please reforge your anvil and try again." It would take at least 3 craft skills to guarantee curse negation, but a master of 1 line would have a chance at negation, and a weakening of negatives when 3+ is rolled, simultaneously making both Krong anvils and crafting trees more desirable.

Kazeto, FaxCelestis and Wi§p like this.
  11. Wi§p

Wi§p Member

That does seem very nice.. what do you think of Smithing getting a slight advantage though? Since Smiths are apparently chosen by Krong, it would add flavor.. and since Smithing is the worst crafting skill tree atm, it would give it its own unique buff/ style.

Perhaps Smithing could simply make (Krong only?) buffs have a higher chance of being stronger, along with the chance of negating Krong curses?

12. Null

I'd say to keep it useful for both multiples and single crafting, reduce the chance to curse to say 80% of the previous chance per craft level. Thus it'd decrease steadily and become continually less with more crafting points but never reach zero or become overpowered.

13. Sniktch

Sniktch Member

Wilip, if the ideas I, J-Factor, you, and others posted in the other thread get implemented, Smithing won't be underpowered - so best to keep this balanced across the crafts.

Null, I actually thought of having it reduce the chance of curse by .1 per skill level, thus at 20 craft skill levels you'd have 0% curse chance. However, that then makes 1 craftskill alone just make the chance 5.5:1.5 - or 4.5:2.5, depending on which ratio is actually correct, as it's not entirely clear which ratio is used. And if someone invests 14 levels and all that inventory space in crafting skills...I say let them GET "Krong loves you" level benefits.

Essence likes this.