Is a lack of sound normal..?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by devil_may_care, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Hi there!

Been out of the loop for a little while due to work, so this may be a silly question. I couldn't find a thread on this however so hopefully that's not the case!

In my game the music works wonders, however any other sound is not audible. I think I once heard a distant gunshot but that may have been just me... Is this just the current state of things or has something wound up wrong? I've had this for a fair while now, perhaps a month or so, but only realised this may not be normal within the last week!

My next check will be to see whether I hear anything when muting the music in case it's just really quiet.

Thanks, I hope I've not just made a fool of myself!

EDIT: Ah, I should also mention I am running on r36 but this has been occuring I think since perhaps r35. In case that wasn't clear from the timeframe! :) I also decided to post here instead of bugs as I was unsure whether it actually is one or not!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  2. Wolg

Wolg Member

Zoom in with the mouse wheel and you should hear things.

(For me, at the moment I think the volume reduction was necessary, but made things too quiet...)

3. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

I haven't had any issues with sound either. As Wolg mentioned, implied, the volume of sounds depends on how close your camera is, so if you play zoomed out, the colonists sounds will be very quiet.

4. Right you are! I think I may need to turn the music volume down a touch, default zoom makes normal sound inaudible and I can't be zoomed in all the way all the time :p

Thanks for the tips!