ipad and other tablets

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cryme, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Cryme

Cryme Member

First off I think this game is a winner, great job. Now I don`t know what Gaslamp`s plans are,but I think this game would be fantastic if it was ported to the tablet market. I for one would buy it. Imagine having this game in a portable format.
    Could be a big market. Fingers crossed.
    Cryme

2. GuruChaz

GuruChaz Member

Actually, I automatically assumed that such a rogue-like game was already available for the iPad at the same time it was offered on Steam for PC. I was kinda bummed to see that it wasn't on iPad. When I'm at my home computer, I don't usually play games like this. I will on my iPad though, especially when I'm not at home. Please make Dungeons of Dredmor for the iPad. Thanks.

3. BilbyCoder

BilbyCoder Member

100 Rogues works well on iPad. I could see this game also working well. The difficulty would be that a lot of it would have to be coded from the ground up, as I don't think there is an SDL port for iOS.

It would be up to Gaslamp games to decide if it's worth their time (and if they have the budget for it) but I would imagine that there would be a market.

4. MikeW

MikeW Member

I agree with all of you. I don't have an iPad, but I think it would work, just as Bilby said, might be too much time and effort to do it, when they could just keep updating/release large DLC for a small sum, I for one would pay, heck, I think the game is a steal as it is now! £3.14 I got it for... I think it should have been at least £6.