Interior Dredmorating version 1.2.6.4

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by r_b_bergstrom, Jan 11, 2012.

1. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

That's probably worth a try. Essence, if need the old version send me a message and I'll send you a link.

2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

3. r_b_bergstrom

Sent you a private conversation with links to all the previous versions. Didn't want to post it here as that might confuse people as to which version was the current one (1.2.1).

4. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Thanks, got it! :)

5. Enjoying the new version. :) I really like the Sugar cereal. :D

6. r_b_bergstrom

I almost got rid of my cereal after I stumbled across Runecrunch (or whatever it's called) in Dredmorpedia's listings for one of Ruigi's mods that I haven't been able to try out yet (since you can only have one mod on a mac at a time). Your feedback that you're enjoying the cereal makes me feel better about including it despite the parallel.

7. I didn't want to say why I enjoy it, as the spoiler might.. well.. spoil it for some.

Btw, what is the purpose of the Hamm's drink for 1 MP? Am I missing something with it? I"m assuming that item addition is yours. Now that I've taken a closer look at it, I like the humor. Hamms, I'd forgotten that brand existed. :) What a Ham, specially with a hat like that. :)

And, you should keep your stuff for the simple reason that not everyone will use your and Ruigi's mods. :) Like me... I have no idea if I'm using his mod or not. I have not run across the crunch item you mention.

Cheers.

8. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Hey, just a quick note:

After seeing your comment on the poodle dress in the XML and doing some testing for the pokemon-ism mod myself, I'm pretty sure that only trigger-on-melee-hit and a few others (throwneffect buff and trigger-on-kill, maybe. Haven't tested those out) can be called by any sort of equipment, so it's not an issue with the item slot. I tried putting a trigger-on-player-hit on a head item, and it didn't work either; the same went for armour. I then tried trigger-on-cast, which also turned out a dud.

I'll be testing out the other triggers sometime soon, but I thought you might just want to know it's not a slot issue as it seems to be which triggers can be called by equipment.

9. :eyeroll: The equipment worn by my last character (see For Fun: Back to level 1 thread) makes my character look like a Cindy Lauper 80s throwback.

10. r_b_bergstrom

A word of warning to anyone using Interior Dredmorating along with Werediggle, Demonology, or a mod that involves transformations: Make sure you save the game on (or just before) the dojo floor (floor 11 or 12 depending on which numbering system you use).

There is a room that sometimes appears on that floor of Interior Dredmorating which has a really tiny miniscule chance of causing a crash with such a build. I suspect it's about a 1% or 5% chance to trigger in the typical game (but easily replicable if you set out to do it), can only happen once per game, and only if you have such a build. Since it's so rare, I'm going to leave it in (at least for now - I may revise it next time I update) rather than disable the room for a patch. Just sayin', if you shapeshift a lot, you should also save a lot in the dojo. And that's already more than I'd like to say about it.

11. Btw, I found a Boulder Drop trap in one of the boxes. Was this intended? Just seemed a bit... out of place.

12. r_b_bergstrom

I have no idea what box you're talking about. Do you mean one of the crates or chests like what normally appears scattered on various levels? Or something specific to a room I added such as a kitchen cabinet?

Chances are it's a main game "hiccup", just a function of the random number generator. Probably the game placing one of the random per-level breakable objects on top of a trap, and thus there's really nothing I can do about it.

But if that's not the case, then I need more information as to what type of box you're talking about, in what type of room on which floor.

13. I was trying the say I found the trap in a cereal box. :)

Wi§p likes this.
  14. r_b_bergstrom

Ah, I see. There is indeed intentionally one dwarven trap on the list of 20 items that can spawn from the cereal box. However, I put the wrong trap on the list. Oops. That will be corrected in the next release (though that probably won't happen until after Gaslamp releases the 1.0.10 patch). In the meantime, 1 in 20 cereal boxes will have the wrong trap, and I think I can live with that for a week or two.

Wi§p and ElectricMessiah like this.
  15. r_b_bergstrom

Currently at work on the next version, which at this stage is mainly about improving my artwork. Expect a far prettier version of this mod next time I release.

I'd been operating with a technical limitation that I thought was inherent to the file formats used by the game. As was pointed out to me by Blob, I can easily convert out of that indexed-color format and have the full suite of photoshop tools to work with. That's really making it much easier to work on the graphics. Thanks, Blob!

16. blob

blob Member

:)

Edit: For those who desire, I had randomly started to repaint some sprites here and there from the interior dredmorating expansion.
    The pack is here ftarabout.com/misc/dredmorating%20blob.rar

It contains about 10 items and 10 dungeon sprites. The pack just needs to be unzipped in the interior dredmorating folder.

17. r_b_bergstrom

Interior Dredmorating - Now with new art!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8238260/Interior Dredmorating 1.2.2.zip

That link is to the 1.2.2 update.

This is mainly a graphical upgrade. Nearly every picture in the mod has been upgraded, polished, or replaced entirely. A few rooms have spiffy animations now, too. There's a couple new statues as well.

A handful of minor balance tweaks have been made as well. Sesame Staff is a little better. Frosted Sugar Smiths toy surprise list has been debugged. Nuclear football targets walls and floors now. Surgical gloves have a higher star quality and zorkmid value. Lots of little things like that. You won't notice most of it (you'll be too busy gawking at the cool new art, I hope) but it's all for the better.

As always, this update may cause crashes if you upgrade in the middle of a game. Better to install on a new character. It's worth it, though, the art is sooo much better now.

18. blob

blob Member

Haha cool ! I ll test that when I finish my current run with the previous version of dredmorating ( Might get my first GRPD win ! )
    Good that you increased the star rating of the gloves, that was one of the feedback I wanted to give you ( it spawned a bit early in one of my games considering its power ).

19. Nice. Sounds great. Just how likely do you see the potential for crashes in an existing game? Could this be tested by just taking an existing character and backtracking up the Dlevels previously visited? I'm going to guess the crashing isn't likely to happen with new Dlevel generation.

My current build is on Dl4 and well... I don't want to wait to use your mod. :D

You or GlG probably anwered my question.

"An Error
    File named dungeon/arch_forever.png not found. The Game will probably crash!
    [OK]"

And... it did. Won't load. :) Good think I backed up the 1.2.1 mod dir. :)

20. r_b_bergstrom

I'm not really surprised. That particular bit of dungeon dressing turned from a static image to an animation, which requires completely altering the file structure. It's no longer one picture, it's six.

Should load up fine on a fresh character, though.

ElectricMessiah likes this.