Interior Dredmorating version 1.2.6.4

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by r_b_bergstrom, Jan 11, 2012.

1. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Here's a new link for the update to 1.1.3: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8238260/Interior Dredmorating 1.1.3.zip

This is a relatively minor update, a stopgap until I finish the larger one I'm working on. Primarily, this moves the Zomby Zoo down a floor as requested. As a bonus, I added two additional rooms to the starting floor, and a couple new statues. I figured if you're going to go to the trouble of downloading a new version, I might as well give you something fun for your efforts.

Most of this update only affects the first floor, so if you're not starting a new character in the next couple days, you might as well wait for my next version (1.2, which I plan to release in under a week).

MrAltamente and ElectricMessiah like this.
  2. Thanks for the release. :)

3. Lunix Vandal

Lunix Vandal Member

Another trick is to stand diagonally adjacent to an Evil Chest when you click to open it -- that way, if the named monster is a melee-type, it'll have to spend/waste its first turn moving orthogonally adjacent to you, rather than punching you in the eyebrows. (Caster types will walk adjacent to you ~50% of the time, if they don't spend the turn casting.)

Loving the mod, by the by -- haven't had any crashes since I stopped trying to use both it and Fax's Monstrous Menagerie at the same time, and even with MM it only cropped up when changing floors.

4. Aristobulus

Aristobulus Member

This sounds pretty cool and I'm gonna try it out, but I'm a bit worried it'll be too difficult for my tastes. As a thought, is it possible to make certain rooms and such show up less early on, on easier difficulties and such, as a way to balance it?

5. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Not really.

6. Portalboat

Portalboat Member

How is the trap generation handled, then?

7. Kaja Rainbow

Kaja Rainbow Member

Damn, I feel dumb for not thinking of that.

By the way, I love this mod. Lots of fun rooms and such.

8. LifeIsWeird

LifeIsWeird Member

Do you plan on making a version that doesn't need Realm of the Diggle Gods?

9. r_b_bergstrom

That depends on whether or not the devs ever release a version of RotDG for Desura or HIB. Last I heard, the devs were working on such things, but I've begun to suspect those plans have been sidelined by the total rebuild for DoD 1.0.10 that's being beta-tested, or by the mysterious Project Odin.

Separating out the content would be a sizable amount of work (or honestly, a small amount of work but be easy to screw up, which would then take a lot of effort to fix). That's not really so worth it to me if RotDG is going to be made available on all platforms relatively soon. And in principle, I'd rather just encourage people to shell out the $4 to get RotDG, since that supports the crew who made this awesome game. However, that's not currently an option (or at least not a great one) for those who've already paid for the main game on some format other than Steam.

I'll put it on my to-do list, but at a relatively low priority. If Gaslamp Games makes any sort of definitive statement that RotDG will _not_ be made available outside of Steam (or at least not for several months), then creating a non-RotDG version will move up the priority list.

10. Salanmander

Salanmander Member

Regarding the crashing, I'm getting a reproducible (kind of) crash on switching floors. I've attached two saves, plus the crash autosave, both of which use ID, faxpax, and swift striker. One crashes moving from floor 1 to floor 2, every time it tries, and the other doesn't. I've already mentioned this over on the faxpax thread.

Attached Files:

11. r_b_bergstrom

I appreciate your sending me the saved game, Salanmander, but unfortunately, I can't open it. I'm on a Mac and they can only have one mod installed at a time. I'll poke around in my own codes and those of the other mods to see if there's any obvious conflicts, but I'm not particularly optimistic that I'll be able to find the bug.

EDIT: We think we found the source of the bug in the FaxPax. If you haven't already, go download the latest version of the FaxPax and it should solve the issue.

12. r_b_bergstrom

The latest version, Interior Dredmorating 1.2.1 is live!

Download link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8238260/Interior Dredmorating 1.2.1.zip

This update is a major remodel for the deep dungeon. The 20 new rooms (and several variants) in this update are spread between floors 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15. More level 10 items have been added to spice up what's spawning in the lowest levels, and some of the new rooms also feature the level 11 to 15 items from Realm of the Diggle Gods that aren't spawning correctly without mods.

In addition, crafting recipes have been added for several of my new items, and I've completely revamped the kitchen cabinets so they now work as intended (the food spawns inside them).

Essence, lccorp2 and MrAltamente like this.
  13. Salanmander

Salanmander Member

If we're currently running a game with the previous version will updating cause trouble for that save?

14. MrAltamente

MrAltamente Member

has much has i know theres no problem, since its not a skill mod.

15. Essence

actually, I've found that room.xml mods are MORE prone to crashing my old saves than updated skill mods are. That said, I don't *think* this should do it unless RBB changed any of the existing rooms along the way.

MrAltamente likes this.
  16. r_b_bergstrom

On thinking through the mental list of changes, yes you definitely should install on a fresh game. Kitchens have been revised significantly, and I expect that could cause a crash if you switch in mid game.

MrAltamente likes this.
  17. Essence

Also, as I just discovered, if you add new recipes to a game halfway through, it can totally befoul your current recipe list. Case in point: my 14th level Runecaster suddenly forgot a whole bunch of his basic Rune recipes (can't craft anything past the first half of 2nd circle) because the recipes were suddenly replaced by a bunch of wild and crazy stuff like Dwarven Urgoshes and Feather Boas. :D

Too bad, too, he was going all the way to Dredmor. That's life in the mod zone! :D

18. Loren

Loren Member

*Cue Kenny Loggins*

19. r_b_bergstrom

Crap. I'm sorry about ruining your character. Should have thought to put a "don't add this mid-game" warning on the download.

If it's any consolation, the Feather Boa is so good I almost pulled it from the file this morning.

20. What if you restore to an older version of Dredmorating and then load the save again?