Instability Popup

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by BMandFighter, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Maze1125

Maze1125 Member

A single instability doesn't ruin an item, unless it's the Foul Lich-magic, you might as well keep throwing on the encrusts until you first hit an instability and then stop there. The item will be significantly more powerful and the "bad" effect with only occur 5% of the time, and'll be pretty minor even then, bar one unlikely case.

2. phasmy

phasmy Member

I swear "slightly unstable" procs occur more often than 5% but maybe it's just personal bias.

3. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

I don't have a 100% understanding of the instability, but I believe that slightly unstable only means that there's only 1 of them on the item, not the % chance of it occuring. My item got "EXTREMELY unstable" once I had 3 instabilities on it. I may be completely wrong, of course.

4. Maze1125

Maze1125 Member

There was a bug where unstable weapons would proc 100% of the time. But I believe that was fixed in the last patch.

Slightly unstable items proc 5% of the time and have only one instability effect on them. Increasing levels of instability increases both the number of procs and the chance of them going off.

5. MasterShizzle

MasterShizzle Member

So, do instabilities on armor check for procs on a countered hit? E.g. do I have to worry about instabilities goin off if I have maxed Counter Chance? Or does a counter not count as a "hit" in that case?

6. Maze1125

Maze1125 Member

I know that dodges don't count, so I'd guess counters wouldn't either. But I'm not sure.

7. Well, a counterattack counts as an attack, and if that attack hits it can proc "on-hit" abilities, so. My guess is "probably", but I'd love to see some confirmation about that one way or another.

OmniaNigrum and Maze1125 like this.
  8. Maze1125

Maze1125 Member

Yes, that's a good point, a counter attack shouldn't proc an armour instability, but could well proc any instabilities on your weapons.

9. ... whoops I totally misread that as "weapon instabilities", my bad. *coughs awkwardly*

OmniaNigrum likes this.