Inevitalbe doom - not so inevitable?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by 1024, Aug 29, 2012.

1. 1024

1024 Member

After many tries I am finally down at Level 12 (8 was best earlier), and I've found a Golden Crossbow, was I so happy about it, hearing many great stories of it. Also, the description. Well, it didn't do as promised. After hitting an enemy, it will spawn several haywire and some resist messages, and that's pretty much all that happend. Some turns later, debuff disappears. Am I missing something (not the target)?

Yes I noticed the typo in the title and no I don't know how to edit the title.

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It's just being resisted, some effects do not trigger if that happens. And the main draw of "Inevitable Doom" can be resisted.

3. Wootah

Wootah Member

If you look at the stats of monsters (dredmorpedia) on level 12, they have around 25% resistance. So you are going to see ALOT of resists.

Kind of counter intuitive that the best procs in teh game need haywire to get around resists.

4. Stakhanov

Stakhanov Member

Note that haywire only gets though magic resistance , not damage resistances. Many monsters have necro resist , which will dramatically reduce or nullify Certain Doom.