Indie Game Bundles

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Aegho, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Aegho

Aegho Member

Yes I know, that was sort of the point with my original post. :p

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Haldurson, Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I have everything there besides Teleglitch and Paranautical Activity. Humble bundle is mocking me... :(

"SotS: The Pit" alone is worth this bundle. Buy it if you do not have it.

Haldurson and Kazeto like this.
  4. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

What's this Dungeons of Dread More game?

5. Aegho

Aegho Member

Got everything except Paranautical Activity and Binding of Isaac. Don't particularly want them either.

Btw Teleglitch is pretty much impossible from around level 3 or so when enemies start shooting back, on EASY.

I seem to remember hack slash loot being meh as well, unfortunately.

6. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Yeah, besides DoD, the only game I would bother with is SotS: The Pit.

Aegho and Haldurson like this.
  7. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Hack, Slash, Loot is what you see when you look up 'Meh' in the dictionary. Really, I'd only recommend it if you are missing DoD or SotS: The Pit.

Aegho, Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  8. Aegho

Aegho Member

9. Aegho

Aegho Member

Well the latest https://www.humblebundle.com/ has Guacamelee: Gold Edition, Dust: An Elysian Tale, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams and The Swapper at the base level. Anti-chamber and Monaco at the beat the average level.

I grabbed the base level for Guacamelee and Dust. I'd wait for more reveals before the beat the average interests me(I already have antichamber).

Oh and sidenote: https://indiegamestand.com has Ultimate Space Commando as pay what you want currently, so I grabbed that for a buck too.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I too grabbed USC. Do yourself a favor and grab it from Desura. It saves you a step by having a .903 installer rather than a .900 installer and a .903 update for it.

Thanks for the heads up. :)

Kazeto likes this.
  11. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Yeah, I got all of these because I didn't have any of them and I beat the average because of charity and whatever the mystery game(s) might be. I have wanted Dust for quite a while and have heard good things about Guacamelee and Giana Sister. Swapper I have seen videos of gameplay and it seems to have some puzzle aspects to it so was a cool bonus I guess. I have also seen some video of Anti-chamber and it seems cool as well if not great. Now I just need time and hard drive space to install and play any of these. :rolleyes:

12. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I have nothing positive to say about Giana Sisters except half of the OST is good.

Aegho and OmniaNigrum like this.
  13. jadkni

jadkni Member

I picked it up for Monaco, Swapper, and Guacamelee...

I really, REALLY did not like Dust. But I think that one is a "to each their own" kind of thing. I found the plot to be really weak, the characters obnoxious, and the gameplay repetitive. Ech.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  14. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

And then you realise - bar the soundtrack and a few other things - Dust was the work of one person.

15. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

I can vouch for every game on this bundle being really great except for Giana Sisters/beatbuddy which I haven't played, and Starseed Pilgrim which is SUPER weird and I couldn't get into.

16. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Beat Buddy had some script work from Rhianna Pratchett (Tomb Raider, Mirror's Edge, Overlord), and Giana Sisters has a great OST but the devs can go do one as far as I care.

17. Aegho

Aegho Member

Grabbed the latest humble weekly sale at the basic level, I remember playing a demo of planet stronghold and kinda liking it, neo scavanger not so much, but that was early alpha and I'm hoping it has improved, magical diary seems to be a similar game to planet stronghold... and

I have no interest in offspring fling, so I portioned that off as a gift. Anyone want it?
    The trailer is quite funny:

Kazeto, Haldurson and OmniaNigrum like this.
  18. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

Neo Scavenger, Offspring Fling, Anodyne, and Defender's Quest all come highly recommended.
    Magical Diary, you'll probably like if you like visual novels.
    Evoland is hit and miss.
    Haven't played the other two.

19. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I have enjoyed what I have played so far of Defender's Quest. Good game.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I just bought the Debut 13 Bundle.
    http://www.indieroyale.com/

If even one of the games is worth playing for an hour or two then it was a good deal.