Indie Game Bundles

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Aegho, Feb 5, 2013.

1. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

You know, Steam sales and Indie bundles are bleeding me dry. I was saving to buy a new monitor. But I cannot resist a good sale on a game I want or that I hear is good. I bought Dead Island GOTY earlier today. And I hate zombie games even if they are well done.

There is a reason I have a Representative Payee for my Social Security Disability income. Clearly paying any attention to sales is making me lose track of my real life priorities... I will sadly be unsubscribing unwatching from this thread. Do not mourn for me. This is probably a good thing in the long run.

The Steam Summer Sale is about to start too. I may have to block all Steam IPs until Fall gets here. (That is not going to happen. Ah the irony...)

Good day everyone. May you get all the good sales I must abstain from. :D

Aegho and Kazeto like this.
  2. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Humble w/ Android 6 added Waking Mars, NightSky and McPixel as bonuses. As can be expected, mine are up for grabs.

Also a new Indie Royale, called The Spiral Groove
    Sniper Elite v2 (Steam)
    Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death (Steam)
    Gatling Gears (Steam; reports it can be redeemed on Origin too)
    Bloody Trapland (Desura)
    Mystery Game

Yawn.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Back with a few more. Lots of crappy bundles lately that I didn't mention (Note: Follow/bookmark EpicBundle!), but we're back to Greenlight season. So let's basically buy lots of cheap games and ignore the broken-as-cheese Greenlight system!

Indie Royale : The Debut 3 (Here)
    LogiGun
    Tales of Maj'Eyal
    Stained
    Crayon Chronicles
    Tropical Heat Jet Ski Racing
    No bonuses (yet), BTA nets you some album or something. All codes are Desura, but I think all games can be downloaded outside of it. Not sure the status of Steam keys if Greenlit

Groupees: Build a Greenlight Bundle 3 (Here)
    Drip Drip
    The Howler
    BrokenEarth
    Rooks Keep
    Overlight
    Ocean City Racing
    Paradigm Shift
    Residue
    Rawbots
    Bonuses unlock with greater sales; so far Paradigm Shift OST and DeCalc. Desura keys now, Steam keys if successful. 2 game minimum.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  4. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

New Humble Weekly Bundle. Even unwatching this did nothing to keep me from wasting my money. (Not a waste. Just more than I wanted to spend.) But 15 real RPGs for less than $4 is a steal at any time. I just wish I could pay more.

*Edit* By the way, I gave up on getting a new monitor. I guess when Hell freezes over or the price drops to half the current I may bother to start saving. But it is unlikely before that.

Kazeto likes this.
  5. Can you have your payee hold a slightly larger amount of money for you for a few months? That's usually how I manage to save up because otherwise I have a habit of losing track of how much I've spent and, well, spend that money.

...I should probably not get these--especially since I know barely anything about them--ughhhh conflicted >.<

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  6. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I could ask, but it would basically end the same way. I would just spend it on more groceries rather than more games.

Spiderweb makes great RPGs. Or at least the early ones were great. Since then they seemed to recycle the same storyline for each new Exile game, then they decided to remake the Exile series as "Avernum" and they made even more that seemed to be a clone of every previous game.

They are good games, but can be extremely aggravating in general. That the storyline is so similar between nine different games is... Even less good. But if you have a slower system like a netbook, and more advanced RPGs are a strain to play, these will work wonders for you.

I played the original Exile game beginning to end. Then I played most of the second, and a part of the third. From there I basically tried each new game and then uninstalled. To be fair, I could have learned that each game seems similar early on and turned out quite different. But I basically gave up on them before they even got started with the Avernum series.

They are games I would have to keep if I was going to be without Internet access for an extended period of time. They can take ages to complete.

Take note, if you are still unsure, head over to the website and try the demos. The demos *ARE* the full version. They used a license number to register it and unlock the rest of the game. With the bundle, they are Steam keys and you can download the games minus the DRM if you want to run them standalone.

Kazeto likes this.
  7. Aegho

Aegho Member

The most polished and least aggravating of the spiderweb games is Avadon: The Black Fortress(with modern convenience features such as telling you wether you can steal something without being seen without trial and error). Which is the only one of their games that to me, actually feels like it could've been a triple A title of the late 90s or early noughties.

8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Pretty much. Though I also liked the Geneforge series, even if the plot was a copy-pasted "something".

But yeah, Avadon is more player-friendly than any other game of theirs.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

*His. It's one guy.

10. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

"Theirs" as in "that particular company". But thanks for the info.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

All of the bonuses for Groupees have unlocked. Bonus items you get are:
    DeCalc (game - no code, just an installer)
    A Walk in the Dark (game - Desura)
    Dwarf Quest (game - Desura)
    Defenders of the Last Colony (game - Desura)
    Paradigm Shift OST
    Rooks Keep OST
    Ten Introductions To... - Monodeer (music)

At the time of writing, just over 2 days left. Only a fraction longer left on the Indie Royale Debut 3, too, and that doesn't appear to be getting any bonuses now.

But hey, run out of money? There's EIGHT(!) Free Bundles going, the 8th only just having been put up.

12. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

A really unusual Humble Weekly started last night - it's a Jim Guthrie Bundle.

PWYW nets you basically all of his albums, including the Japanese remixes of some Sword & Sworcery songs and the soundtrack for Indie Game: The Movie, whereas the BTA bonus is DRM-free copies (as well as Steam codes) of Sword & Sworcery: Superbrothers EP (which I *highly* recommend) and Indie Game: The Movie, a film I watched last night via the streaming function and LOVED.

It's great timing, too, as IG:tM will be getting 'DLC' next week with extra features, short films, etc.

13. Aegho

Aegho Member

Chipped a dollar in at the Indie Gala Summertide Bundle. http://www.indiegala.com/

I did so for one game in particular, which was in the "pay anything" bracket, Doom & Destiny. A geeky little RPG that looks fun, SNES JRPG style, the heroes are nerds who were playing a roleplaying game and ended up in the story...

14. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

The newest Indie Royale has SotS: The Pit in it for a current minimum of just less than half the Steam price. (It gives you a Desura key too.) There are other games in this bundle, but none seem worthwhile to me. Check them if you care.

Haldurson and Kazeto like this.
  15. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

That version of The Pit might be worth getting if you don't want to run the game with the irremovable Mind Games DLC.

16. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I didn't realize that you couldn't disable it (though, honestly, I've never tried). There were things that I really liked about Mind Games (such as psionics and the new classes), and other things that I was less enthusiastic about (the new difficulty curve).

In any case, it's a good deal, and SotS: The Pit is a game that anyone interested in rogue-likes ought to at least try. I'm on a break from it right now (too much fun with Dungeonmans and a reborn interest in Dredmor). But it's certainly a new twist on the rogue-like genre.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

The newest Humble Bundle is Origin only. Anyone know if there is a way around this junk? I have heard nothing but complaints about Origin, and am unwilling to blindly install it without knowing a bit more.

Haldurson likes this.
  18. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Just FYI, there are Steam keys for Dead Space 1, Burnout Paradise, Crysis 2, Medal of Honor and Mirror's Edge.

19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I noticed the Steam keys, but some games on Steam, and all in this bundle require Origin. So it really does not change my prospective. Still, thanks for trying to answer.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  20. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

It seems I was mistaken and you actually did answer my question perfectly. My apologies. It seems that the games with Steam keys do not all require Origin to work.

That leaves Dead Space 3, The Sims 3 Starter pack, and Battlefield 3 useless to me. Not that I really care for any of them.

Kazeto likes this.