Indie Game Bundles

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Aegho, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Meaning, she is the classical "Japanese female action game protagonist".

But yeah, it annoys me too. I don't have anything against female protagonists, because some of them are pretty fun - Arche from "Fortune Summoners" was adorable, regardless of the fact that she is a kid above being a female; Nadja from "Aquaria" was fine too, even if some of her late-game motives weren't what I'd expect; and lastly there's Iji Kataiser from "Iji", about whom I don't think I even have to write; and these are just examples, there are more, it's just that most of the games I tend to play have non-fixed protagonists so I would have to take a delve into my archives if I want to be accurate with my words. It's just that female protagonists are one thing, and forced "fanservice" is another thing. The latter can go and die in a fire (and then get hit by a falling anvil, go to the deepest layers of hell, and then get devoured by something that lives here), and it is the latter that the clothes of this particular character were made for.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Was she attacked on stage in the middle of pole-dancing?

<Note to self- just had a great idea for a movie! Kung-Fu Pole-dancers!>

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I tried Blades of Time.

[​IMG]

I uninstalled it straight away.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  4. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

They also function as stabbing implements.

5. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Stop stealing my tweets, damn it.

Oh. Guncraft revealed as second bonus. It's another voxel game with FPS elements. It's pig-ugly, it's soundless and it's pretty much online/LAN only, so utterly worthless pour moi.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Godwin

Godwin Member

Wow... I must say I am a little bit shocked at your reply. You're coming across a bit offensive. But alright, I'm okay now.

It's not a stupid question because the reason why you dislike it can be anything. It could be you didn't like the color or style of the character's clothes. I didn't outright assume it was because you were presupposing a lot of facts (e.g., that it's not a parody on the whole thing (to me it seemed the game had a lot of self-aware meta-humor)) that are true or not (I don't know personally).

It was a possibility that you disliked her clothes because it doesn't fit your idea of an immersive experience, combined with the fact that you hate women seeing used as eyecandy perhaps, but it wasn't a given.

I think if you're not certain it's better to operate from a state of not knowing than it is to assume something and operate as if from a state of knowing which in fact may be false (and which thus is an illusion).

Your reaction makes it clear that you think I should have done the latter (not knowing your reason just assuming it was because of the nakedness), and I totally do not agree: Socrates had a point when he said: I know I don't know anything.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  7. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Note to Nabday & other staff: This has been dealt with in PM, hence no public response.

8. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Few more have cropped up:

Humble Indie 8 has gone live. Awesomenauts (w/ exclusive skin), Thomas Was Alone, Little Inferno, Dear Esther, Capsized, Proteus (BTA), Hotline Miami (BTA). Soundtracks for Awesomenauts, Thomas Was Alone (apparently not the 'Deluxe' OST), Little Inferno, Dear Esther (unsure if same as Bandcamp one), Capsized (aka Solar Fields' Movements album) and Proteus.

Groupees have a Sherlock Holmes bundle going for a Ukranian Children charity. It's a bundle-builder, minimum of two games, with - so far - Dracula: Love Kills (no key), Journey to the Centre of the Earth (GOG) as bonuses, with Sherlock vs Jack the Ripper as the third bonus game at 6k sales. If you're interested in Cthulhu or its mythos, I suggest The Awakened Remastered with a second game of your choice (I went for the later Nemesis).

Talking of Groupees, BM8 has done nearly 25k sales, and they've slowed down massively. Final bonus is yet to be revealed, but the current thought seems to be Stealth Bastard Deluxe.

9. MOOMANiBE

10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I just bought the bundle. Anyone want the stuff other than the Hacker Evolution games? (They are the reason I bought it.)

11. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

12. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, that was... rash.

I hope you'll survive with that, Omni.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Lol. No worries. I do this every month. Besides I get paid next Monday. :)

Kazeto likes this.
  14. Aegho

Aegho Member

I save money every month... (except like this month, the month after unpaid vacation, my paycheck was a whooping $200). Depending on how much work I get this can be anything from $200 to $1000 squirreled away each month. And then when the time is right, I blow most of it on a long scuba diving vacation. ;)

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  15. MOOMANiBE

16. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Yeah, includes the never-finished but fun Insecticide and the unpolished but really good The First Templar.

Merp.
    [​IMG]

17. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

New Groupees bundle - Build A Meridian 4 Bundle 2 (Link Here)

Minimum of three. Games are:
    Syberia (Adventure)
    Syberia 2 (Adventure)
    Still Life (Adventure)
    Still Life 2 (Adventure)
    Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood (Isometric tactical squad-based game, think Commandos)
    Stellar Impact (Not sure - 4X?)
    Chains (Puzzler)
    Wasteland Angel (Isometric/Top-Down Vehicle Shooter thing - think titles like Renegade Ops)
    Trapped Dead (No idea)
    Post-Apocalyptic Mayhem (P.A.M.) + DLC (Racer w/ Vehicular Combat)
    Nikpol: Secrets of the Immortals (Adventure, I think?)
    Chrome + SpecForce (FPSs, maybe?)

First bonus will be Pacific Storm Allies.

I picked up Syberia 1+2, Robin Hood, Wasteland Angel and PAM.

18. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

The above bundle has two bonuses unlocked now - Pacific Storm Allies (Steam) and Gumboy: Crazy Adventures (Steam). It doesn't look like there will be more, though I'm surprised by the lack of soundtracks (I'd quite like the Syberia ones).

I think there might be another Indie Royale very soon, too.

19. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

If you got Awesomenauts in a bundle (e.g. Humble Bundle 8) and are after more skins, GamersGate have just put the whole lot on sale for about 50% off, meaning most skins are just about $1.

20. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Anndddd more news.

In Groupees news, the Meridan 4 bundle has broken 6.5k sales, which means the third (and final?) bonus, Avencast: Rise of the Mage (a title often on sale on Steam, and it's been bundled a few times now) has been unlocked as a Steam code.

Humble Weekly has gone up - it's mostly the Anomaly series of games. Well, not the new one. Anomaly: Warzone Earth, Anomaly: WZ - Mobile Campaigns, Sleepwalker's Journey, Funky Smugglers for PWYW, BTA nets you Anomaly: Korea and - believe it or not - the blueprints to create a mech from Anomaly 2 with a 3D printer. No, that is not a joke.

Indie Gala have a new *three tier* bundle called Indie Gala June. At the time of writing:
    Tier 1 - Creatures: The Albian Years (Platform-free), Pirates of the Black Cove (Steam), 1x Mystery Game (Desura).
    Tier 2 - Chester (Desura), Sword of the Stars 1: Complete Collection (Steam), Vessel + Concept Art (Steam), Aquanox (Steam), 1x Mystery Game (Steam).
    Tier 3 - Star Ruler (Steam), Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes (Steam), A New Beginning: Final Cut (Steam), 3x Mystery Games (3x Steam).
    Tier 1 is PWYW, then the other two tiers have... um... other values that must change, but they don't appear to be entirely BTA style goals.

OmniaNigrum likes this.