Increase Eye Lasers AmountF

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FaxCelestis, Apr 14, 2012.

1. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Code:
    <effect type="damage" blasting="12" blastingF="0.25" conflagratory="8" conflagratoryF="0.25" aethereal="8" aetherealF="0.25" secondaryScale="18" burn="1" affectscaster="1"/>
    :sight: rarely gets into double digits (can it even get into double digits, or is it capped at 8?), yet it uses a scalar function similar to a spell that uses :magic_power:, a stat that frequently gets into triple digits. I would venture that changing the spell's damage function to this would make it a bit more worthy of being a final skill and make it a bit more usable:

Code:
    <effect type="damage" blasting="12" blastingF="1" conflagratory="8" conflagratoryF="1" aethereal="8" aetherealF="1" secondaryScale="18" burn="1" affectscaster="1"/>

Kazeto and OmniNegro like this.
  2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Sounds like we have a winner. I never take perception, but the few times I did I wondered why I would bother with the damage so low and the cooldown so high. Of the skills that use cooldown, I favor fixing the damage to be more reasonable rather than making the cooldown compensate for the pitiful damage. (Since low cooldown, but no real damage cannot ever overcome the lack of damage.)

3. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

amountF should be greater than 1. Maybe 2 or 3 even.

FaxCelestis likes this.
  4. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

As stated elsewhere, I still feel that :edr: would be a better stat to scale it to. But if we are going by :sight: then I agree with Ruigi. It needs to be at least a factor of 2 to really feel like a capstone skill.

5. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

lower the cooldown to 30 and make amountF for each damage type ="3"

that'll make it good

at the highest levels, it'll be like you can hit a a monster for 25-33% of it's health once every 30 turns.

Tycho and Zook like this.
  6. tejón

tejón Member

This seems like an appropriate thread for questionable scaling concerns...
    1 is mana. 1.0 is all of it. I'm not sure that's what you meant.

Edit: confusion over Primary/Secondary. So it's Sagacity, not Mana... not quite as crazy. Still surprised the hell out of me when I unexpectedly killed something with it! :)

7. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Sounds good. Done for next patch.