BETA 55A IN FRANCE THEY CALL IT "LE HOTFIX"

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Got it, cool.

And I see certain workcrews are not doing the jobs intended. First thing is here's how you fix it: Unassign the workcrew from the building then re-assign it. They will then do their work properly. Tested this with your save.

I'll now see about figuring out how they got into this state in the first place.

Exile likes this.
  2. Cornuthaum

Cornuthaum Member

Yup. That's why I didn'tattach the save immediately, 'cos I wanted to test that out.

I think it's part of the "workplace idle, haul goods instead of standing in workshop" thing I see popping up here and there. My MEtalworks crew does it, but my Ceramics overseer doesn't.

3. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

By the way, whats the way you want to submit bugs? Make a thread for each one? Report them in the release thread? If I already reported them in one of the release threads, would it be easier if I also made a bug thread?

Exile and Cthulhu_Awaits like this.
  4. OddProphet

OddProphet Member

Minor note: the tool tip for the recipe to create a Steam Distributor says "x1 Steam Oven" instead of "x1 Steam Distributor".

5. dbaumgart

A thread per is probably the most straightforward way. Sometimes things get lost in the big long release threads, though it also makes it easy to log a whole bunch of bugs in a row.

Thanks, added to OC-5639!

Exile likes this.
  6. jotwebe

jotwebe Gained the People's Ovation and Fame Forever

The "oblivious worker" trait now gives a -20 to happiness "oblivious to workplace quality" where from the description it ought to be more like a +/- 0.

7. Naffarin

Naffarin Bureaucrat-Inspector Exemplar of The Empire

Very minor bug: In the colonists detail window the zoom to work place button has no effect

Exile likes this.
  8. dbaumgart

The trait itself works, I think it just builds the description incorrectly - workers can have negative workplace modifiers from their overseer and a couple other things that aren't the actual workplace quality. Fixed it up.

Logged as OC-5702!

Exile likes this.
  9. Unforked

Unforked Member

Event frequency is still far too low in my opinion. My disturbance meter slowly rises as I build, and many folks are fairly despaired, but events can take so long to trigger. I was excited to have my disturbance over 100, then I just got a little bandit raid and now it's back down to 53.

I'd just like to see stuff happen again. More often than once every ten days or less.

Edit:
    (motion sickess will NOT keep me from playing this game. I discovered a trick: If you hover over a module tooltip and keep your cursor there, that toolip will remain in place as you scroll around. If I focus my eyes on that I don't feel as funky.)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    Exile likes this.
  10. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

@Unforked I admire your tenacity...I cannot play with the current state....the motion sickness is too bad and I can't afford to be "downed" for up to 4 hours because of it. :( Hopefully soon there will be a fix or better just revert the camera zoom back...I JUST got to be able to play again.... **cry**

11. Naffarin

I think event frequency is far too low, too. I am now at a disturbance of 1300 and no critical event has shaken my colony

Exile likes this.
  12. Cornuthaum

Cornuthaum Member

Aye. B54 was maybe a bit too much at all times, but B55 swung the other way.

13. dbaumgart

(I shall turn up the Chaos a touch.)

Exile and Unforked like this.
  14. jotwebe

15. Unforked

Unforked Member

Best way to keep your gunpowder warm enough.

Exile, Cthulhu_Awaits and Cornuthaum like this.
  16. jotwebe

I particularly like that bored stance she has.

17. Naffarin

workplace_obstruction.jpg I just noticed another cause of modules doing no work orders at all: Obstruction of the green working places. I was wondering for some time now why work orders in my carpentry shop were not carried for the decor bench, but since both sides needed for accessing the workbench are blocked the walk_to_module job can't be done
    It would be nice if it wasn't possible to place modules over the last of the green accessibility squares

Exile likes this.
  18. I have to test it a bit more, but I discovered a "burial" job that is still not assigned... It was a poor fellow who got turned into an obeliskian, and her body was hidden next to a vat. At the time I didn't take too much car about it. Quite a lot of game time has passed, and I noticed that some of labourer had the "saw a colonists corpse" record and started the look out for the culprit. I found her still next to the vat. I demolished the vat, thinking it would help. Nope. still there near the corner of the kitchen, a smiling skeleton all busy doing the creep. At the same time I got the ghost event from her... And still the body is there. Drastic measures: pause any other assignment in the job-list. Nothing. Still there. -.-' (file save attached)
    Next time I'll try to demolish the kitchen and rebuild it somewhere else, to see if this helps in any other way... (or maybe it's all in a vicar event that I'm not aware of?)

Attached Files:

Exile likes this.
  19. Strange geological formation with strange textures...

Attached Files:

Exile likes this.
  20. Lovely crash for you! Late game, no obvious trigger that I noticed.

Other notes on this play through include a vacuum chamber which the overseer refused to build despite being happy to build anything else (even on the same module!), two colonists freezing while taking a confession and eventually starving to death (it's ok, they were both lower class) and a middle class house on a hill where two overseers refused to leave then preached the end times and starved to death (it's the one with two corpses in it).

I'll throw in the last working save too :) did I bug report right?

Attached Files:

Exile likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.