If you are having Save Game Problems w/1.1.1

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

We're testing fixes for these two issues now; I'm hoping to have a second hotfix out this evening.

2. numskully

numskully Member

Well the English Windows fix doesn't work.

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

All of you, try this http://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/for-those-of-you-where-saving-doesnt-create-a-save-file.4273/

4. nivomi

nivomi Member

I'm having an issue where, when I load a save it just hops back to the main menu. Oddly, it doesn't give any errors or complain about anything, it just goes to the main menu as if I'd clicked "back".

Making a new save loads fine (and significantly faster than it used to! Neat!)

This is with hotfix installed.

5. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Yeah, that'd be an old save that just didn't get converted correctly. If you fire it to contact@gaslampgames.com we can try to get it working...

6. Frelus

Frelus Member

My save just vanished.
    I installed the hotfix you posted in some thread that needed the deletion of the Gaslamp Games folder, so I can not look if the data was gone, too.

7. kotleta

kotleta Member

If you have save problem with non english Windows(i ve got rus):

right-click on "My documents" and choose new location "С/Documents"

first i try hotfix - no result

8. Melum

Melum Member

Hi, my game just crashed upon entering Dungeon level....9 I think, and the autosave won't load. Had instability in general since the expansion, which is a shame because I'm enjoying it so much. Any chance of salvaging it? It's twice as deep as my previous best in the last year of playing.

Attached Files:

9. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Saw this one hour too late, just deleted my savefiles.. Thanks anyways.

10. P74Y3R707

P74Y3R707 Member

Hi all. After last update my save disappeared, but I'm not worried about it because I have more important issue. The game no longer save the game process. That is, I click save and quit, but the saving is not new coming. None of your proposed solution does not work. I use a Russian window.

11. P74Y3R707

P74Y3R707 Member

I hope that you will not forget about the Russian fans of the game and solve the problem for the Russian Windows too. Otherwise it would not be fair. = (

12. P74Y3R707

P74Y3R707 Member

Sorry for bad english. I use the Google translate.

13. kotleta

kotleta Member

your bad english is the passive skill ,watch my comment commrad about saves

Пуск - ПКМ "мои документы"- Свойства- переместить в "C\documents" (проблема в кириллице ) enjoy

14. P74Y3R707

P74Y3R707 Member

Спасибо

15. Irae

Irae Member

A slightly different one.
    Started this game after getting the CotW expansion, went smooth until I had to reinstall Steam to fix a corrupted file (on Steam, not Dredmor). After transferring back the savegame folder, when I try to load it the game sends me back to the main menu, no error, no warnings.
    I can start a new game fine, although this one save won't load (same "non error") even on another installation on another computer. I'm afraid it broke during the Steam collapse, but seeing as people are having somewhat similar issues I was wondering if it's something that can be fixed. I've tried the patched .exe posted here, and it didn't work.

Thanks for your attention!

(p.s.: forgive the poor choice of character name. You'll guess what killed the previous incarnation of it)

Attached Files:

16. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

[​IMG]
    I keed

Nicholas likes this.
  17. Daynab

I'm pretty sure it's not a vacation.

18. Lumker

Lumker Member

Hey, I have the same problem as many others, I've gotten the farthest with this guy and right when i was beginning to be happy with him my autosave breaks, Here is the autosave attached.

Attached Files:

19. Burning

Burning Member

I started a new character this last week, I ran into save crashing today after playing for a few days on and off. I leave the pocket dimension and back into the dungeon and then i try to save or return to the pocket dimension and it crashes.

I included my save file incase that will help at all.

Also tried the supplied .exe in OP with no results

Attached Files:

20. Daynab

We're working on another hotfix for this, should have it soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.