[idle curiousity] Gangnam Style

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Essence, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

So...if you were going to write a Gangnam Style mod for DoD, what would it have in it?

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  2. This ancient martial art was invented by an enigmatic monk who apparently spent all his time in- rather than the traditional mountain monastery- a wealthy district of a city somewhere to the East. Seems brighter than freezing your pants off on a mountain, really.

mining, Vitellozzo, Kyrie and 4 others like this.
  3. adelmagne

adelmagne Member

i thought the thread was for an 'idle animation' :confused:

OmniaNigrum and Ouroboros like this.
  4. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Ohmahgad.
    It should have explosions, chicks references, storms of polystyrene, horses and the POWER OF YELLOW, which gives you superbe moves.

OmniaNigrum and Essence like this.
  5. lilystorm

lilystorm Member

Nothing because I've avoided watching that video.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Essence

I like these ideas.

Warrior Class

Level 1: Reverse Cow...boy? Triggers a sidestep (randomly left or right) on Dodge. Loadout: Horse Armor. Yeah, that's right.
    Level 2: Sudden Random Venue Change: Blinks you REALLY FAR AWAY.
    Level 3: Storm of Polystyrene. Cone spell. Knockback and stun, possibly light Asphyxiative damage.
    Level 4: Hey, Sexy Lady! Summons a Cloned Heroine of some sort. Possibly a crowd of them?
    Level 5: Gangamification: pick an item, any item. Eats that item and gives you 200 Zorkmids for it.
    Level 6: Cool Guys Never Look At The Explosion: Obvious Fireball, but half Blasting damage and with a few Knock effects involved.
    Level 7: THE POWER OF YELLOW: Buff to Dodge/Counter/EDR/Melee Power. As long as the Power of Yellow is active, your Explosion, the summoned Heroine, and the Storm of Polystyrene are more powerful.

yes/no? Other ideas?

7. Lemme write some flavor text.
    Reverse Cow(Boy?)
    Really, a horse is all in the state of mind. You don't need a physical, flesh-and-blood animal to ride your way to victory. All you need is the idea of a horse, and the rest will follow.
    Venue Shift
    After a dare in which you shotgunned a ton of Spacial Instability Infusions mixed with Blink Powder, you've found yourself capable of throwing yourself into the time-space continuum with no clear intent and appearing almost anywhere. It's done wonders for your capability to star in music videos.
    -Spell: Sudden Random Venue Change
    Huh. You... you guess you're in a playground now? Well, oka-- wait, no, now you're in a stable full of horses. You guess you can work with tha-- okay, now you're in a gymnasium. You're beginning to question why you did this.
    Hey, Sexy Lady!
    The ancient master of the Gangnam Style trained thousands upon thousands of assassins, using simple hidden yoga techniques to transform untrained yuppies into deadly warriors. These legions, however, were mostly just supposed to train constantly so that he could have an excuse to stare at their butts. You're fairly sure that your summoning will be a bit more meaningful than that.

OmniaNigrum, Ryvian and Vitellozzo like this.
  8. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I find that flavor text really amusing, and the abilities seems very funny to play with too.
    Mmmh, maybe the Sexy Ladies should be on a timer, after that they explode for a 1x1 or 3x3 cloud of Polystyrene, maybe with a stun effect (all that polystyrene in the face, is it ok for the video?). Or there could be a proc which explode them, like on being hit by a crit. Or there could be a detonator spell.
    The possibilities!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Somewhere in there you should get a suit of cheapo horse armor. At least, that idea struck me as really funny while I was watching the video. "Hey look, he's the girl's horse. He should wear horse armor."

In retrospect it really wasn't that funny.

OmniaNigrum, Essence and Vitellozzo like this.
  10. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

There must be a horselike armor made from horse armor. Or a horselike helm.
    Something like this.
    [​IMG]
    Seriously, this mod need that reagent. Even for crappier armor.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Essence

[​IMG]

12. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I can't stop looking at this pic and burst into laugh.
    The more I look at, the more I laugh. The more I laugh the more I look at this.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Connect Vitellozzo to power generator. Infinite energy! Problem, Kim? *trollface*

14. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Member

you'll add the horse-riding-dance animation, right?

15. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Decending a floor should play an animation of the maincharacter in an elevator with a random monster humping the air above him.

OmniaNigrum, Essence and Jellp like this.
  16. Ryvian

Ryvian Member

An ability that temporarily transforms you into a super Thrusty, with swags amounts of thrusting power.

EDIT: And Hey Sexy Lady summons more Thrustys

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

Hey, Sexy Lady! should have a chance to either summon friendly clones or Thrustys. I think 2:3 should be cool.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

If you put horse armor in the loadout, the player might just end up with it equipped.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

What about a buff trigger on hit "Op", that gives you minor dodge and counter attack, until you trigger the 3rd of them and after that a 100% chance to trigger Oppa Gangnam Style, which gives you the reverse cow...boy effect or something like more damage or I dunno. Maybe a better effect for the other skills.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Loren

Loren Member

Not a thrusty; we need to add Noh Hong-chul.

The mod also needs Asian gingers.

OmniaNigrum and Essence like this.