I present to thee: Trickster

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by ChristmasAsen, Dec 20, 2011.

1. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

Download:
    After much copy-pasting, frustration, and a level of derp I am sure will haunt me for years to come, I have finally finished my first skill mod!​
    Trickster 1.0.2
    (I have no idea what the numbers mean but it makes it look professional, ya?)
    Abilities
    [​IMG]
    The skills are as follow:​
    (Start from the center, go up, then make a star shape.)​
    (wait... wut?)​
    Ghillie Suit​
    Hidden Camera​
    Snatch​
    The Crazies​
    The Mark of Eris​
    Lurker Shout​
    I would tell you what the skills do but that ruins some of the surprises I worked so hard to script (code?) into the skill set.​
    ...​
    Plus knowing is half the battle and I kinda want everyone to lose. ;)
    [If you find any bugs let me know and I'll get to fixin' 'em as soon as I am not overcome with procrastination]​
    Any suggestions? Tweaks?
    I am all ears!
    OMG​
    HOW COULD I FORGET TO THANK PEOPLE!?​
    Special thanks to:​
    Knallis

ESSENCE
    AND
    NULL
    (Who's wind mage mod help me create my own and saved me a lot of frustration!)​

Godwin likes this.
  2. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

Looking at your xmls they're much more neat than mine. My xmls are terribly disorganized and whoever tries to understand them will have to make an effort.

ChristmasAsen likes this.
  3. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

It looks neat because I did each ability and spell one by one, line by line, to make sure they were working properly. Before that, it was a hot mess and I couldn't figure out which spell/ability was causing the others to not work.

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I'm intrigued by this. Whenever I get some time I'll try it out.

ChristmasAsen likes this.
  5. phasmy

phasmy Member

Going to give this a try soon, I'll come back with feedback as well! :)

6. Musaab

Musaab Member

I just downloaded this and will be checking it out as well.

7. Knallis

Knallis Member

*sees new mod*
    *suddenly sees my name*
    *"what the fuck did I do?" asks myself*
    *starts post*
    *realizes I should be using >'s*
    *but this isn't 4chan and forgets about it*

But seriously what the hell did I do?

I'll give it a try and note you my thoughts tomorrow.

8. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

You made me realize passive stat boost can not be added to abilities.

9. Officefanguy

Officefanguy Member

Pretty fun so far! Question though, is the Ghille suit effect supposed to be non-removable? Also, I'm thinking Snatch and The Crazies may be placed too close together in the skill tree as one is pretty much an upgrade of the other. Finally, I think it gets a little overpowered near the end, espcially The Crazies since it can do such massive damage and none of the skills have mana costs. However, I guess it gets balanced by how long the cooldowns are? Idk. Overall, pretty good! :D

10. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

Ghillie Suit was originally going to be a passive stat increase and nothing else but couldn't get them to work, but I couldn't get that to work so I made it a permanent buff. I am not sure if I am going to balance this skill because I am currently working on a skill set that is far superior and will essentially replace.

11. Officefanguy

Officefanguy Member

Ah, that would make sense then. I kept trying to click it off for awhile lol. And, let me know when you get your new skill set up and I will be happy to give it a try. :)

12. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

I'll message you once I got all the abilities set up to a playable level. Also, imma actually take this skill for several test runs to make sure it is balanced, I honestly just put in random numbers for trickster :p

13. Officefanguy

Officefanguy Member

Sounds good. Looking forward to it.

14. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Note that passive buffs have been fixed, so feel free to correct Ghillie Suit at your lesiure. :)

15. Fix it sooner, rather than later plz. I just burned to death on a level five monster zoo where I think I would have been fine if not for being vulnerable to fire. I got a monster zoo where three thermo-blobbies all spit fire at me right after I downed a boss, it was ugly.

16. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

I don't think the demand is high enough for me to fix this, this skill set was essentially a prototype and will be replaced soon.

ARISE OH GLORIOUS THREAD!!! :eek:

I am pretty much done with the new skill set and wonder if anyone would like to help me balance it out as I have a very warped sense of balance.

17. Essence

Sure, hit me up. :D

18. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

So, no plan for a little tweak of the skills? I like the idea, and I think I'll change something in the xml to make it works at the best.
    Maybe starting with the removability of the first skill. Permanent recastable buffs give me a strange feeling.

19. Zeke

Zeke Member

When I try to run this mod, the game crashes saying it cannot load Ghillesuit32.png.

Any help?

20. Essence

As much as I hate to say it, Zeke, the help is in not using this skill. The author has already replaced it with Disciple of Eris (I think?) which uses the same skill ID number and is intended to entirely replace this skill.

Kazeto and Vitellozzo like this.