I found this cat...

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by competentfake, Sep 4, 2011.

1. competentfake

competentfake Member

Awesome game! A lot I still don't get yet but the most perplexing thing so far is I found this cat just randomly sitting in an area I already explored called Valtwe, the Curt Engine. Doesn't say anything on the tooltip except 'Pick Up", so I did, and it's been in my inventory ever since. Couldn't find anything online, anybody know what this is for?

2. rederick

rederick Member

That's an item for quest retrieval. If the quest didn't complete when you picked it up, then there should be a shrine you need to place it on. You should find the necessary information in your quest log.

3. Marak

Marak Member

Yeah, hit "Q" or click that little "Quest" button in the lower left; that should tell you where to take it.

4. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

Unless he already canceled it...

5. competentfake

competentfake Member

Thanks guys, it seemed the Monolith required a kitty. The names are so outlandish it's hard to remember them. :)

6. Marak

Marak Member

That's why the Quest items have unique icons like a cat statue or the like: so you know it's for a quest and is not your standard Ammo/Gear/Consumable item.

7. competentfake

competentfake Member

I think I'll avoid praying to Inconsequentia on my next few run-throughs. I've been trying a Vamp/Stave/Dual/Necro/Blood/Alch/Arch build work, and it owns ANYTHING on levels 1 and 2 (to a greater or lesser extent dependent on whether I can find any zinc, chalk, or that damned elusive beast, the Elvish Grinder). Taking quests on level 3 however, has resulted in horrific death several times. Not much I can do when an invisible Mustache golem and Lord Dredmore's 43rd flank are hiding behind a locked door, ready to leap into melee and give me a reassuring cuddle.