I FOUND A TYPO thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by FaxCelestis, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Wi§p

Wi§p Member

I have started with a Phylactery before, so I don't find that too odd..

2. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Just fixed all the little typos and spelling issues. Feels good.

3. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

The description for the Cruelly Barbed Steel Bolt is "A cruel and crafty mind was behind the manufacture of these iron bolts." At least, it is in 1.09B.

4. Grim Peeper

Grim Peeper Member

I can confirm it still says iron in RC9.

5. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Aright, cool. Also, the Plegmatic Animation gelatinous cube reskin is probably a misspelling of Phlegmatic Animation.

6. verba

verba Member

"indiscrete" is correct, albeit rare. "indiscreet" is more common indeed, tho.

7. Grim Peeper

Grim Peeper Member

Indiscrete means "not divisible into separate parts," whereas "indiscreet" means "lacking prudence or good judgment." Based on the context, "indiscreet" is the correct word.

I had to triple-check it myself before I reported it. They are based on the same Latin word.

8. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Indeed. Then the description of the monster shifts meaning from "alchemists make monsters" to "alchemists make disgusting monsters". Without that "h" it's missing the "y-u-c-k".

9. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

I wonder if they meant "Phlogistonic" rather than "Phlegmatic".

*considers thrusties*

Probably not.

10. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Oh, it's Phlegmatic. Fixed it for next patch.Likewise the descriptions on the bolts.

Changing the names of items makes savegames explode so I'll have to figure out how to handle that a bit more delicately ..

Edit: And thrusties happened before my time. Blame Nicholas and original-sprite-artist Bryan for that.

Exile likes this.
  11. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

"The Secretary will disavow all knowledge of you and your Impossible Thrusty Force..."

Oh, I just came up with a room idea!

OmniNegro and Wi§p like this.
  12. FaxCelestis

In a variety of places in rooms.xml, "recepticle" is used. It's "receptacle." A recepticle sounds like something you'd find between a radio's legs.

r_b_bergstrom likes this.
  13. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Burning Tome
    "invocactions" >> invocations

14. FaxCelestis

Sword of Necropoking: "putrifying" should be "putrefying". Would explain the item's odd stats.

15. HowlingLotus

HowlingLotus Member

The Naarwhaand (Wand)
    In the description there is a repeated 'of' near the end.
    ...channels the fury of of the skies.....

16. Pertusaria

Pertusaria Member

"The hollow call of undead mandrills echo through the dungeon" is a flavour text (comes up at the top left of the screen, don't know what causes it). It should either be "hollow calls of undead mandrills echo" or "hollow call of undead mandrills echoes". I guess I'd favour the first as there's more than one mandrill.

Thanks!

17. Pertusaria

Pertusaria Member

"Voltaic resistance is best achieved by strapping frogs to your body. Their tough, thick conductive hides..."

If they give you voltaic resistance, they should be insulating rather than conductive. I don't know if this is intentionally wrong or not. :)

I love some of the resistance descriptions.

18. Pertusaria

Pertusaria Member

Description of turquoise: "It is not to be mistaken with aqua or cyan" should probably be "It is not to be mistaken for aqua or cyan".

19. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Necromantic Blinding (debuff)
    "...the light in yours eyes" >> "The light in your eyes"

20. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

[​IMG] You'd think someone would've caught this earlier.