Hunt the Wumpus

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Aquaman, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

While indeed a game created in the mid/late 1900's this will not necessarily be what I'm talking about.
    Anyways...

Since the beginning of time, in a land long forgotten there has been a mighty beast known as the Wumpus. No records detail the appearance of this beast, only the screams emerging from its lair give proof to it's existence. Many an adventurer have tried to steal the riches from the beasts lair, but none have succeeded. It is rumored the beast has a vast expanse of knowledge, able to outsmart the smartest of wizards. And the strength to rival that of dragons of lore. For reasons untold and incomprehensible you have decided to rob the beast of its riches and put an end to its reign on mankind.

At least that's my take on things...

Of recent, Microsoft came to my school and myself among a few others will be taking part in a project named "Hunt the Wumpus"! I will be creating a game with the goal to hunt a Wumpus, of which is open to interpretation as to what it is/does. Based on the original game there are to be 30 or so random rooms in which the player can navigate in an effort to locate and kill this dreaded beast. Along the way there will be other monsters, plenty of loot, dangerous traps....and trivia questions? The rules to the project are extremely flexible and allow us to make any sort of game roughly similar to the said requirements. With the help of a handful of Microsoft employee's This should be a very fun project to partake in! :D

I'll occasionally post about how things are going and other such things.

And as a last note I'd like to add that it is a non-commercial/non-profit project that's goal and purpose is to further educate in the field of computer sciences.

2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Dude, I grew up on Hunt the Wumpus! That was the first video game I ever played. I used to have NIGHTMARES about the Wumpus!

DUN DUN DUN DUN-DUN-DUN DUN DUN DUN DUUUNNNNNNNNN!

<3