Humble Bundle V

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Daynab, May 31, 2012.

1. Tycho

Tycho Member

Monks are in Vanilla NetHack, and aside from the annoyances with vegan conduct and getting intrinsics from corpses they are excellent at surviving. Wishing for the Tourist quest arti is a great idea - it does FAR more than pick locks. It confers magic resistance and can recharge any item that has charges. Wishing for it cross-alignment will only result in suffering blasting damage every time you attempt to pick it up, and it will refuse to stay in your inventory.

2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Clearly my memory is not so good. I could have sworn that vanilla has no Monk class available.

It has been too long I guess. I may have to play it again and see if I can recall the details.

3. blob

blob Member

Man you guys know more than me.

4. Cream Magneto

Cream Magneto Member

Dungeons of Dredmor = 136 hours and counting.
    Hack,slash,loot = 8 minutes,uninstalled.

if i didnt get it in an indie bundle i would be asking for my $$$$$ back,more baffling is that its actually more expensive than DoD at 7 dollars on steam!

the one im really looking forward is Desktop Dungeons, i played the hell out of the alpha version,beat every challenge and unlocked everything,cant wait for the full release =)

5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Actually, the Complete DoD Pack is now $7.49 or something like that. The sale ended I guess. I still have a half dozen copies from that amazing sale. Too bad more people did not realize how much joy they can have for a little money.

HSL was something I played a while ago. I hated it from the beginning. It gives Roguelikes a bad name.

*Edit* DoD is $4.99. RotDG is $2.99. There is a whopping $0.49 discount for the complete pack.

blob likes this.
  6. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

So I finally got around to playing S&S from the bundle, and though I'm not an adventure game fan this is fantastic. The atmosphere is amazing and I'll definitely play it all.

Give it a try if you skipped it.

The lo-fi graphics really look good in action too.

blob likes this.
  7. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

They do, they do. It's a stunningly beautiful game. I don't think the gameplay (that dreaded word) is particularly great, though. I'm over halfway through the game but I really struggle to make myself play it over the other games in my library.