BETA 51A How do you make alcohol?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by W1Z25, May 23, 2016.

1. W1Z25

W1Z25 Member

I know it use to involve wheat but i've tried server colonies and i dont have the option to farm wheat.. is it only in a specific region? or what? and what the heck do you do with sugarcane?

2. Wolg

Wolg Member

Depending on your starting area biome wheat may be locked behind research now, requiring a lab before it can be grown.

While I haven't yet seen the specifics of alcohol since going beta, you should be able to get various initial low-strength booze types from the kitchen using a brewing device (vat, tank) and the basic drink recipe, eg maize becomes chicha. Stronger drinks will take a basic drink as input to a still. Laudanum should take a distilled drink plus opium, but it's not produced from the kitchen (used to be chemist workshop, haven't seen where it's gone to now).

Sugar should be an input for rum, but it grows in a biome type I haven't touched yet so not sure of the specifics.

3. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

The type of crops you can grow is limited by your region. On top of that, some crops have to be unlocked by research at a Laboratory (which generally means they won't be available until quite late in a game).

Crops and their 'Basic Brew' products:

Maize: Jar of Chicha
    Agave: Bottle of Pulque
    Sugarcane Plant: Bottle of Guarapo: Bottle of Caninha
    Wheat: Jar of Beer
    Grape Vine: Bottle of Wine
    Tea Plant: Cup of Tea (not yet implemented)

Drinks that require a Still:
    ?: Vodka,
    Wheat: Moonshine
    Maize: Whisky
    Agave: Mezcal
    Sugarcane: Rum