How do I know if I have Conquest of the Wizardlands?

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by valzi, Oct 7, 2012.

1. valzi

valzi Member

I think I have it, but I'm not entirely sure. I know, pretty weird question.

Steam's Dredmor properties window doesn't list Conquest of the Wizardlands on the DLC tab. I have The Magic of the Wizard's Hangover achievement, but I don't have an expansion3 folder. I also have been to the Wizardlands.

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

If you've been to the wizardlands then yes... but you should have an expansion3 folder. Hmmm, try verify file integrity in the game's properties in Steam?

3. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Also, a simple way to see if you have the 3rd expansion is to see if you have the new skills and the background of the dlc.

4. valzi

valzi Member

I verified file integrity. Then I deleted all local content. I even deleted Dredmor from my Documents folder. I removed all traces of it. Then I started a new game. Here are the results of that:

I have the pocket dimension. I can go to the Wizardlands. I can get Wizardlands achievements. I cannot choose any Wizardlands Skills. Also, Steam claims I do not have Conquest of the Wizardlands. This is true with and without the beta update. If I include the expansion3 folder of the beta, the game won't start due to missing files.

I'm fairly sure I shouldn't have the expansion pack. I don't remember buying it. I'd like to buy it, but I'd like to get Dredmor fixed first.

5. Daynab

Okay just to clarify: when you say "I can go to the wizardlands" do you mean the Pocket Dimension, or do you mean the special dungeon levels that you can access through typing a code in the portal machine? Those are the wizardlands, and you shouldn't have access to it if you don't have the expansion so something's weird if so.

6. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

You shouldn't have the machines in the pocket dimension in the first time.
    But this is strange:

7. valzi

valzi Member

I can go to the Pocket Dimension as well as a region I get to by entering a "strange portal" that is blue. I've never seen a portal machine or typed in a code. I got the Magic of the Wizard's Hangover achievement when I left the region I reached by way of the of the blue portal.

8. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Sorcery!

9. Wolg

Wolg Member

Blue portal in a metal frame, or a floor tile (mysterious portal)? You don't need codes for the second type, which aren't wizardlands.

10. valzi

valzi Member

Floor tiles only. However, the floor tile resulted in the wizardland achievement.

11. Daynab

Okay. The blue portal is actually not a wizardland, but a Mysterious Portal (a pre-expansion thing.) What I think is happening for the achievement is it must trigger when you enter "floor 0" (which is both wizardlands and mysterious portals) so that's fine, if broken.

So, yeah, everything's fine re: the expansion.

12. valzi

valzi Member

Hurray! Thanks for the help explaining that. Now to figure out this ever-present CTD nonsense. =)

13. Wolg

Wolg Member

So sounds like Steam's right in saying you don't have the CotW expansion... another way to check might be to click the small square button at the bottom of the main menu, which cycles through all the title screen art. If the CotW title doesn't show...

14. valzi

valzi Member

Yep. I tried that too. I didn't have it. (I just now bought it because it seems worth it + I hope it might fix another problem I have.)

15. Hybelkanin

Hybelkanin Member

I've had CTD issues when playing DoD using Crossfire, Raptr, and Mumble overlays. Don't know if that's any help but I'd suggest having a go at disabling those if you use any of them. Also, Norton 360 (DON'T buy this, seriously).

16. valzi

valzi Member

I wouldn't use any of those things you mentioned. Thanks for the suggestion though!

17. I can confirm that entering a Mystery Portal triggers the Wizardland achievement since I unlocked it before installing CoTW

Daynab likes this.