How about that Patch, eh?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Oathbreaker, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Oathbreaker

Oathbreaker Member

Thought there was supposed to be a patch this week - any clue if that's dropping tonight or the weekend (unlikely, Steam support don't seem to work weekends in my experience) or what's up?

Also - Canada, Lutefisk and what else do the developers seem to have a love/hate relationship with?

2. Desi

Desi Member

Troll-whoring sheep buggerers. =P

3. NefariousKoel

NefariousKoel Member

Canuckistani-summoned Zombys.

4. Desi

Desi Member

Yeah, I'm basically not playing until the patch comes to Steam. Would rather save myself the hurt and the pain of not being able to put points into Dual Wielding.

5. LukeWatson

LukeWatson Member

@Desi is there a bug with Duel Wielding? if so what is it?

6. EchoingZen

EchoingZen Member

I find myself a little reluctant to get heavily involved into the game prior to the next patch. I love it, but I really want to dual wield without fear of being gimped. (Same can be said with pure warrior characters)

7. Desi

Desi Member

@LukeWatson The stat bonuses you are supposed to get from putting points into dual wielding are not applied to your character. Also, apparently the last skill in the Dual Wielding path actually gives a negative 'bonus' instead of adding.

8. Bhruic

Bhruic Member

@Oathbreaker - Keep an eye on the blog, they post all of the patch related details there. Last update has them fixing quite a few bugs, but having some remaining. They were undecided about releasing piecemeal, or waiting for the full package, but seems like they are going the latter.

9. LukeWatson

LukeWatson Member

@Desi thats kinda stupid. i think we need that patch

10. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Well, I still play Dual-wielding weapons vampire characters, I just don't put any points into the skill.
    It's still amazingly powerful, you can do around 50 damage with the right two weapons equipped. Imagine what you would do with two Doul's Possible swords? :) Madness.

11. Oathbreaker

Oathbreaker Member

Meh, down to Level 7 on my rogue Going Rogue melee dual wielder and I'm HURTING FOR SOME DAMN FOOD.

The whole "speed up time compression and just walk from side to side to regen health" is getting old...

12. Desi

Desi Member

Haven't seen any Fud vending machines? There's a guaranteed amount of food on each level as well, according to the game files. Have you eaten it all?

Food is basically useless in a fight for me, so I just do the walk-around type thing and horde Deep Omelettes and Grilled Cheese.

13. NefariousKoel

NefariousKoel Member

I always have fud running out my pack by d-level 3 or 4.

Anyway..

*looks for update*

14. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

@Oathbreaker "The whole "speed up time compression and just walk from side to side to regen health" is getting old... "
    I'm a little confused. What does Ultimesia and Time Compression from Final Fantasy 8 have to do with this game?
    Time Compression would be everything ceases to move around you. No monsters would spawn, nothing would happen.

15. KittenMaster

KittenMaster Member

He's talking about when you press Ctrl + to increase game speed.

16. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

OH. Okay. He should have said that. Instead of suddenly using Final Fantasy 8. :)
    Really not the right word to use, so it threw me off.
    Even black holes and their havoc they pull on time and space don't use Time Compression. :)

17. DerpTyrant

DerpTyrant Member

Where's the patch, where's the patch, where's the patch, ... *AAARGH*

Btw, how does this Ctrl+- thing work? It doesn't work for me no matter what I press ..

18. Bronze

Bronze Member

@DavidB1111 Oathbreaker's comment was clear to me. Your a little too specific bro. Not everyone thinks and expresses themselves in the written word the way you would. :) You have no idea if he's even played final fantasy 8.

19. fishofmuu

fishofmuu Member

@DerpTyrant Press the -/+ keys that are above your letter keys, NOT the ones on the keypad.

Also, you don't need to press Ctrl.

20. DerpTyrant

DerpTyrant Member

@fishofmuu Ah, I see. Thank you kind sir.