Horse Armor vanishes?

Discussion in 'Realm of the Diggle Gods' started by Wootah, May 3, 2012.

1. Wootah

Wootah Member

I take it this is intended as a practical joke and not a bug?
    I found some Horse Armor today on floor 12.
    20:resist_piercing:
    20:armor_asorb:
    Right clicking on it made it vanish.

2. Glazed

Glazed Member

Yes, it's a joke. You should have sold it instead! It's worth quite a lot of money. :)

3. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

I recall Nicholas expressing surprise that the wizard sleeve was equippable, so there might be a bug here too. It is indeed meant to be useless though.

Exile likes this.
  4. Glazed

Glazed Member

Say what? Both pieces of armor as of type="sleeve". They've never been equippable and both disappear if you right click them.

5. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Well I am not sure you're supposed to be able to make it disappear with right click. Word of god on this somewhere?

Exile likes this.
  6. Glazed

Glazed Member

Lots of people have complained about it just disappearing. Especially the Wizard Sleeve. Just do a search. I'm sure Nicholas or David replied to one of the threads. Even if not, I'm sure they're aware of how it works. It would be nearly impossible for them to not know, and I don't think they mind the behavior. Both items are pretty useless, except one is used for crafting (a pretty bad item.)

7. Wootah

Wootah Member

Vanishing Gold. Oh well. I have found, I kid you not, 10 staves of Godejwin so the money hasn't been a problem.

8. Tycho

Tycho Member

Bug or no, I find the Horse Armour disappearing act to be almost appropriate really. It's a joke about pointlessly pissing away money. It'd be great if they made right-clicking it trigger a funny message of some sort.

Frelus and Karock like this.
  9. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

You deck your horse out beautifully. Too bad your horse can't come with you into the dungeon, not that you could fight on horseback anyway.

DaPortlyJester, banjo2E, wRAR and 6 others like this.
  10. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Horse Armor and Wizard's Sleeve have trolled me a couple of times. I even suggested adding a Sleeve Slot to the game once.

11. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I actually like the trolling of these two items, I think it's amusing (you can't really equip it so unless you wanted to use the sleeve as a crafting ingredient, you won't lose too much because of that) that they get devoured when you try to equip them

12. DanoLefourbe

DanoLefourbe Member

The most hilarious of this is that I just spent all my money and sold a Cybercone to buy this thing to Braxx.
    I feel so stupid right now

Psiweapon, Unicycles and SkyMuffin like this.
  13. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Right-clicking it equips it to your horse. Who is outside the dungeon.

Psiweapon, banjo2E, wRAR and 2 others like this.
  14. Glazed

Glazed Member

Does your horse also wear the Wizard Sleeves?

15. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

No, that's you. It's just that your eyebrows make you too manly for sleeves, so they eat those whenever you try to equip them.

16. Aegho

Aegho Member

17. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

18. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

There should be a Horse Armor-wearing Wizard Sleeve monster.

Aegho and Glazed like this.
  19. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

I've never minded these items for the most part, except for that one time I got horse armor as a reward for barely surviving a horrific zoo. I was a bit disappointed to say the least, but them's the breaks.

20. Xaxio

Xaxio Member

I'm extremely disappointed. I saw the Horse Armour for sale from Brax and I picked it up. And I can't wear it.