High level Tinkering skill doesn't improve Plastic Bolts.

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Glazed, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Glazed

Glazed Member

Is this by design? The game is full of high level plastic bolts, but I can't make anything other than the basic "Plastic Bolt" regardless of my Tinkering skill. It seems like a bug to me.

I figured that other people must have encountered this, but I didn't find anything when searching this forum for "plastic".

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It's not a bug. It's just that there are no higher-level plastic bolts.

3. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Kazeto: Whaaa??

I have Ingeniously Scythed Plastic Bolts in my inventory right now. I've never tried to Craft them, but I've always assumed you'd be able to just like you can craft Cruelly Barbed Copper Bolts, etc,etc.

Yes/no?

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

You can't in the base game, but Megacraft lets you, I believe.

5. blob

blob Member

Uh ? Never noticed !
    Its weird that they dont get crafted like the others by default.

6. Grim Peeper

Grim Peeper Member

I've noticed this, too. I was just pretending that it was a gameplay feature, you know...like the average tinkerer doesn't have the dwarven savvy required to craft plastic barbs, or that it's against Bolt Council rules for any dungeoneer to infringe on dorf copyright laws.

I also noticed that there's a small typo on one of them, the "Cruely" Barbed Plastic Bolts. But again, I don't know if that's just dwarf leet speak or what.

blob likes this.
  7. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

In crafting?
    Hell naw, take a quick look at the recipe.

In the game proper, however, yes, there are higher-level plastic bolts. But unlike all the other higher-level bolts, they came there with RotDG expansion instead of being there from the beginning, and thus they couldn't be included in the crafting recipes.

That's pretty much the essence of it. Satisfied now, Essence? :D

8. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I humble myself before your mighty wisdom, Kazeto. :)

9. Glazed

Glazed Member

I dunno... when you said "there are no higher-level plastic bolts", I took it the same way I'm sure Essence did. "What the...? How can you never have seen them?" But your explanation makes sense.

10. blob

blob Member

It makes sense, but it still looks like its something the dev would have overlooked rather than done on purpose.

11. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

It's mostly part of the fact that without mods, they didn't have time to add any recipes to the RotDG stuff. A thing that will be fixed in this patch.

Rarefied Horse Meat and blob like this.