[Help Request] Damage bonus to weapon types

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Vehem, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Vehem

Vehem Member

The basic weapon skills (Swords, Axes, Maces etc) all provide a damage bonus to their specific weapon type - where is the weapon type implied in the skill?

Code:
    <ability name="Combat Lumberjack" icon="skills/warrior/axemanship0_64.png" skill="1" level="0">
      <description text="Embrace the Flannel. Become one with the Flannel. This skill forms the foundation of axe-wielding."/>
      <secondarybuff id="9" amount="1"/> <!-- EDR -->
      <secondarybuff id="4" amount="1"/> <!-- Crit -->
      <damagebuff slashing="2"/>
      </ability>
    The damagebuff is easy to spot, and the fact that it is linked to "skill 1" (Axes). Weapon type 1 also happens to be axes - is it hard-linked to "Skill 1 affects Weapon Type 1 only"?

The intent is to have a buff that affects ranged damage only, but the closet I have so far is one that adds universal damage to any attack made... Any ideas?

2. Onamar

Onamar Member

I don't think that's possible to do with mods right now.

3. Vehem

Vehem Member

Are the original weapon skills (that do implement it) handled in code rather than just by the XML?

4. Onamar

Onamar Member

I don't know exactly, but I would assume so if you can't change it with anything in the XML.

5. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Theoretically, if you add a skill in brackets like this:

<swordSkill>
    </swordSkill>

It might be how the game links specific skills to specific weapons. It's worth a shot, either way.

6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Personally I don't think so - if anything, I'm for the "id of the skill equals id of weapons" thing, as there wouldn't be a need for weapons to get a type id otherwise (as I don't think it would be there if not for that reason).

Essence likes this.