HELP! Desperate to escape Mysterious Portal...

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Browncoat Whit, Jun 3, 2012.

1. I love this game, but I'm having one of those tear-my-hear-out moments... I **really** don't want to abandon a character I've sunk so many days of effort into, but I'm stuck in a mysterious portal and can't find my way out! Unfortunately, this was the first mysterious portal I've entered, and I didn't know they were game-killers. I've walked all of the walls and all of the "out of view" spots but can't find a hidden portal. And I have no bombs or bomb making items or any blast spells. Is there any hope at all to be had?

(Of course my autosave has autosaved inside the portal, and the first chest I opened upon entering had a Time Lord Scarf, so of COURSE I had to save the game and continue... I wouldn't have done that, if I'd looked at the forum here and seen what other players had to say about these gorram portals! So unless there are backup save files I know nothing about... oh please, someone tell me that there are...)

At this point, I've sunk so much time into playing up this one character, I really really don't want to start over! I'd just managed to earn the Five-Finger Discount and mastered alchemy and made the nifty-neato-best-ever-staff and used all 5 levels of Krong's Anvil on it and and and and and... two weeks of my limited game play opportunity sunk into this character, and it HURTS to have to abandon it and start over!! Are there any other tricks anyone knows that might help me find the exit portal? (Or is it even a given that there IS an exit portal?) Or are there patches coming up which will fix what's got to be a bug here, because this can't be the intended gameplay experience...

2. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

There's a hidden room somewhere with the portal in it, most likely. Destructible walls don't have to be damaged, they just need to be targeted. Something like Turn Demon or Unholy Warcry will do it, as will any throwable flask (you do have alchemy after all) that can target the floor. What skills do you have?

3. My skills & build are:

Staff = 1
    Thrown Weapon = 3
    Dodger = 3
    Fleshsmith = 1
    Burglary = 5
    Alchemy = 5
    Archaeology = 2

This build was really working well for me, although it looks pretty -- but I was just moving down to the 6th floor and had been defeating everything with relative ease. Unfortunately... I had just dropped all of my loot in a pile at a stairway to go down to the 6th level and had scampered back to the 1st level to revisit the Krong Anvils. (I'd not sold any loot at all, just saving it all up in order to maximize my results once I had some concentrated play time to sit and craft. The only item I'd made so far was the Jingly-Jangly Wand... which I had just gone back through the first 5 levels to use the Krong anvils on. The end results is a sweet real doomstick... which I fear I now have to abandon...).

I had some odds and ends on me which I'd picked up in the quick rush back down to the 1st level and too all of the waiting Krong Anvils... but not the Alchemy set, and not any of my bombs. I've got Monster Toss, but that's about it right now for active attack skills...

Is there any way you can tell what walls are destructible?

And are there any mods anyone knows of which might help my situation?

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Lorrelian likes this.
  5. oh YAYS!!!! You are made of awesomeness! The debug mode saved my bacon. I'm back on a "normal" level again and can pick up where I left off.

Thank you thank you!

6. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

7. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Huzzah! I didn't even know if it would work on the Mysterious Portal floor. Glad it did :D