Haywire Vampirism? Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by ObamasButcheeks, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Ive noticed that haywire pops up alot when using vampirism. Does it work for me or against me?

2. 123stw

123stw Member

When Vampirism Haywire you get double the leech. Yes life leech is process as a spell and get both magic power bonus and haywire critical.

Vampirism should really be used with staves instead of swords. Massive leech, haywire leech, and support spells at super low cost is way better than 16 counterattack.

3. Embolus

Embolus Member

This is a bug and will be fixed in the next patch. Haywire is only supposed to happen to spells, not physical attacks.

4. Patchumz

Patchumz Member

Aye, Haywire is currently working on everything BUT spells... quite bugged ^^.

5. 123stw

123stw Member

Lol that's too bad. The Haywire leech is so awesome at the moment. Since Vampirism is really "out leech or die", it will probably get pushed over the edge after the change as most vampires are barely surviving at this point.

6. srulz

srulz Member

The only reason why Vampirism IS good right now, is because of a bug/feature that allowed you to leech from corpses directly beneath the enemies you are currently fighting. So, if you funnel a monster zoo along 1 tile for example, you'll pretty much leech to full life on each hit after 4-5 kills.

7. whoopsiedaisy

whoopsiedaisy Member

My monster zoo battles sound like this...
    HAYWIRHAYHAYWIREHAHAYWIREHAYWIHAYWIRE... HAYWIRE

8. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

@srulz Really? Can you prove that's whats happening? It doesn't really make sense for that to be the case. Each hit should be increasing in recovering health based on how many monsters you kill in a row.

9. pauyasfyla

pauyasfyla Member

I get it when I step on traps. Weird.

10. 123stw

123stw Member

@Davidb1111 Yup I just tested it. It is indeed how vampirism works. Having a bunch of corpse on that one tile will make your leech go up and up.

Can't assume the game to be working properly enough to make sense at this point.

11. Tacroy

Tacroy Member

It's kind of funny actually - Haywire is only happening when it explicitly <i>shouldn't</i> atm.

And I wouldn't be surprised if vampirism gets a buff after they fix the bugs.