ALPHA 50B Hauling logic

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Spectrum, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Spectrum

Spectrum Member

Does anyone have any insight into how haulers decide what items to pick up and where to bring them? I would have assumed they would go to the nearest stockpile but I've seen some bizarre actions that make me think it's either random or newest stockpile or something else.

Background:
    Some bandit camps got wiped out by friendly military, so I want to take advantage and loot all their stuff. Getting guys out there to forage is easy enough, but having haulers actually pick up the items and bring them back is a nightmare. Half the time I see them take the long walk over, faff around, and then start walking back not carrying anything. (Not sure if tea time is just kicking in or whatever else.) So I thought that maybe I could shorten some of this time by putting a stockpile near-ish by and attempt to get all the goods in there, then demolish and have another stockpile closer, and slowly walk the goods back to my colony. Except now I occasionally see haulers bring goods from my colony to the remote stockpile. (Also the miners doing the same thing but that seems like a known issue.)

2. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

I also noticed odd behavior where they walk out, stop, and come back without hauling anything. I haven't looked too closely as to why this is happening though.

3. Spectrum

Spectrum Member

Yeah, I eventually gave up and just forbid the rest of those items that they refused to actually pick up and they went back to vaguely normal behavior.

Though I've got some stuff in an intermediate stockpile I just blew up that I'm waiting on them to run out and get and they're taking their sweet time even going out to pick that stuff up.