Guidance for Mac Expansion Install

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Will It Work, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Will It Work

Will It Work Member

I have the Desura version of Dungeons of Dredmor and all of the expansions. Unfortunately, there isn't a working Mac client for Desura, so I'm trying to manually install the base game and expansions.

The application comes in a .app wrapper and works correctly, but I don't know how to install the expansions. Can I just copy the expansion into the MacOS directory? Where are mods stored?

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I'm not really familiar with mac so bear with me, but if the .app acts as a container, you should be able to drop the expansion folders in there and it will work. It should be on the same level as the game binaries.

As for mods, they should be here: username/Library/Application Support/Dungeons of Dredmor/Mods

Gorbax and Kazeto like this.
  3. Will It Work

Will It Work Member

Wow, that worked! So for anyone else, looking to do it, I remasked the files (removed execute, added read permissions) and then put the three expansion directories in

/Applications/Dungeons of Dredmor.app/Contents/MacOS/

And started the app. Got the ‘Conquest of the Wizardlands’ banner and all of the skills. Hasn't crashed yet.

Kazeto and Daynab like this.