GRPD random roll competition WITH MODS

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Shwqa, Jul 9, 2012.

1. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

By being an idiot and skolling all of my ground meat.

In my defense, it's usually not a problem.

Doc Gelegentlich and OmniNegro like this.
  2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I don't know, I always have some meat for eating when playing random builds with BGH. Because they're random, and thus insanity can happen.

But yeah, I agree that it's something you have to learn the hard way. Because normally it's not a problem at all.

OmniNegro likes this.
  3. Stryke

Stryke Member

First attempt at this and got a pretty decent build, Necro, Potions, Tinkering, Fungal, Radiant Wizard, Usurper and Cooliomancy. 18,268 after getting mugged by a Zomby swarm on level 2.

Edit: Well that was dumb, 484 after my Swords, Artful Dodger, Burglary, Assassination, Emomancy, Bushido and Ninjitsu stepped on a flame mine then she was getting hammered by the monsters anyway.

4. Stryke

Stryke Member

Aww man that had been going really well with Barrier Maiden, Astology, Emomancy, Druid Magic, Fungal Arts, Demonologist and Golemancy. Sure having the many fragile buffs was a bit silly but I was damn impressive when I could keep all full 5 orbs, Shelter, Radiant Aura and the Fungal buffs up while the combo of Acid Rain and My Chemical Explosion wrecked any 3 by 3 square I pointed it at.

Unfortunately on level 4 a double spawned Eely both decided to acid bolt me at once...

5. Stryke

Stryke Member

Well I did just get the Your Kung Fu is weak achievement... Summoner, Swords, Thrown, Druid Magic, Wind Magic, Astrology and Artful Dodger. Maxed Summoner first and was just starting down Druid Magic when I countered by an Elite Clone. Summoner's interesting, the later summons do a ton of damage but I'm not so sure how worth it is to use the debuffs on enemies as it didn't seem to be doing much. I'm not sure if it's a bug but sometimes I ended up with two circles up at once which seemed slighty imba.

6. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

Tried 4 times so far. 1st one: Staff, Golemancy, Assassionation, Wand Lore, Smithing, Poisoneer, Silver Tongue. 1304 on Lvl 1. Got stuck somehow and all I could do was spam space bar until some mobs spawned and killed me. 2nd: Polearm, Wand Lore, Smithing, Rogue Scientist, Battle Geologist, Thunderbreath Aspirant, Bushido. 24,864 on F2 by a chest of evil. 3rd: Magic Training, Wand Lore, Emomancy, Bankster, Paranormal Investigator, Druid Magic, Baristacrat. 380 on F1. Ran into a room with a lot of floating potato thingies. Got me killed before I could even get near most of them. 4th: Polearms, Dodging, Necronomiconomics, Magic Training, Big Game Hunter, Tourist, Summoner. Game crashed as I was going down to the 2nd floor and it didn't even get an autosave :(

7. Thecakepie

Thecakepie Member

Is it unfair if I enter this? It's just for fun, right?

8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I am unsure why no-one replied to you, but there is no fee to enter, and no prizes set for any particular winner. So enter when you want and play how you want. This thread is more about sharing your build and describing what you learned than anything else.

9. 765Pro

765Pro Member

I have so many mods downloaded I don't even know what to do with them all.
    HERE IT GOES. First run seems full of silly skills. Ponymancy? I don't even remember suscribing to that. Man so many mods are on it's taking 10 minutes to load. Jeez!!

RUN ONE: Summon the Dire Brony - Polearms, Assasination, Blood Knight, Avenging Executioner, Kung Fu, Ponymancy, Blink Mage

Reading over the skills now... Don't even know what most of these do. I remember Avenging Exectuioner being pretty cool if maybe overpowered. Huge critical and sneak. Wish I had daggers!!

Blood Knight looks like it needs a build built around it. No thanks!

Avenging Executioner is very basic. 2 Critical and 2 Sneak for every point and some kinda fear-effect attack at the third. It worked well on my Elves Just Want To Have Fun run, but I question the use of Critical Hits and Sneakiness here...

Ponymancy is definitely for Mages, but I do have Blink Mage but... that's more a utility as far as I can tell?

Blink Mage has some cool dodge boosts and this really cool sounding summon, but I question it's effectiveness. Looks like I'm Going Rogue on Going Rogue! Sneaky, dodging, critting. High damage with Polearms too!

Let's see how I do. Score: 736

I hate you Going Rogue. I hate you. Something like 49 defence on the first floor and I still die. Whyyyy.

SECOND RUN: andjkanwjda
    score: 60

RUN THE THIRD:

Okay, trying again, more mods. Not going to take a screenshot unless I get a competitive score, because, honestly. :|

Roll one: Daggers, Maces, Polearms, Necronomiconics, Burglary, Silver Tongue, Drunken Boxing
    Ew, three weapon skills and no Dual Wield.
    Roll two: Yayoi Takatsuki (Don't ask) - Swords, Leywalker, Piracy, Battle Geology, Tourist, Summoner, Druid Magic
    Nice build for a gish! Let's give it a go!

Right. So I rushed Summoner like such a pro. Obviously, by level 4 I was sliding by things pretty easily, constantly switching up between buffing the summon and slashing at stuff. A particularily generous chest of evil gave me a very nice polearm and soon the game was a breeze, right up to my first Monster Zoo. Unfortunately, it seems I had misjudged how broken Summoner was and expected the capstone to be some kind of legendary diggle-killing god, but instead it was just barely strong than each one before it. Having no other support skills really crippled me in the crowding and I completely forgot my Eldritch Bolts. I think those are the super cool Zookeepers. I was doing fine right up until two bosses got on each side of me and my the Avatar of Celestia had ditzed off, slugging a Zomby or something. Oh well!
    [​IMG]

10. Thecakepie

Thecakepie Member

I just thought to ask because I'm the person who beat GR/PD with a random build.

I'm down for friendly competition. Just wrapped up the Reddit Dredmor challenge. They haven't updated it yet (As of 1:45am EDT) but I have the highest score and I'm pretty sure that makes me the winner there too (also no prizes, no fees). If you want to check that out too click here for the link to r/dredmor on Reddit. They seem to try to run it weekly.

I'm thinking about writing some Dredmor guides if anyone would be into that.

11. 765Pro

765Pro Member

I would! Especially with tips regarding GRPD >_>

12. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Here I go, a bit late to post, but I did it with no internet:
    First Try:
    Name: Rock Candy.
    Roll 1: Killer Vegan, Vampirism, Ley Lines, Blood Magic, Axes, Berserk, Dodger.
    Roll 2: Hermeticism, Ley Lines, Funmonger, Warlockery, Electric Warrior, Clockwork Knight, Dual Wield(kept)
    Died(floor 1) to a quest boss. Score: 5160.

Second Try:
    Name: Infernal Machine.
    Roll 1: Archery, Promethean Magic, Assassination, Tinkering, Demonology, Clockwork Knight, Warlockery(kept)
    Died(floor 5) to an Evil Chest Potato. Score: 174424.

Third Try:
    Name: Wizhunter.
    Roll 1: Daggers, Maces, Shield Bearer, Hermeticism, Viking Wizardry, Big Game Hunter, Werediggle(kept)
    Currently in Progress on Floor 8.

Btw, I'm using that one mod that adds Hermeticism and Electric Warrior, and I'm using my own Mod(only the Funmonger and Android Rogue skills, cause Wonder Woman is Cheating).

13. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

This might be one of the best random I've had.. Dunno how that'll go:

Axes, Unarmed, Berserk, Vegan, Warlockery, Bushido, Ninjitsu..

Axes and Unarmed are redundant, but the extra stats are always good.

14. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

But why. For the pinata diggles?
    And why? Do you accept the free lockpick any character can create, and you don't accept pinata diggles?
    I was once killed by a pinata diggle. Fear the sugar.
    I never could be able to find that wonder woman skill you talk about. How to, just to try it?