Grave Digger

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by kitmehsu, Jan 4, 2012.

1. kitmehsu

kitmehsu Member

Grave Digger Version 0.9.9 (Workshop Release + In need of Art Stage)
    Someone has to deal with all the corpse you make, may as well be you.

Okay, this is my second skill set I made (my first is still giving me grief). The idea is that it focuses on either anti-undead procs and corpse based skills. Currently a rouge skill as I don't have a better place for it right now. Without further ado, Grave Digger
    Updated 8/07/2012
    Small typo fixes and changed the price on urn of the dead and updated the grave shovel up to a polearm, along with double checking that the files are lined up with each other here and on the workshop.
    Updated 6/06/2012
    Now on steam workshop:
    Updated 5/02/2012
    Okay this is my last update before I end up pushing it to steam workshop, so any problems and nerfs/buffs will not be addressed until that is fully live. Also, is now a warrior skill set, since it seams to provide a lot more for them, than rouges or wizards. Also, Icons are all packaged inside to prevent compatibility issues with any other mods that use unused icons.

Loadout: Grave Shovel (detailed below)
    Buried Alive
    You're getting behind on your corpse disposal, so sometimes you bury them while they still move. (Undead Reeeeally hate that)
    Gives Buried Alive Proc
    -Buried Alive [On Melee Target Hit 20%]
    Base Damage: (1+0.4:melee_power: ):dmg_crushing:+(1+0.35:melee_power:):dmg_aphyxiative:
    May trigger multiple times on undead.

Partial Burial
    You're really behind now, so just bury them up to their legs, or leg substitute.
    Gives Partial Burial Skill
    -Partial Burial [10 cooldown]
    Description: Bury them up to their knees so that you can take a break from burying the dead and undead.
    14 turn lockdown
    Damage vs Undead: (3+0.45:melee_power:):dmg_existential:

Cremation
    You've decided to diversify your corpse disposal methods, potentially increasing productivity. Fire works well, occasionally igniting the undead is a plus.
    Gives Cremation skill and Auto-Cremation Proc
    -Cremation [4 Cooldown, Target's Adjacent Corpses]
    Description: Ashes are much easier to dispose of than a corpse, so burn the body and stash the ashes.
    Creates a 3 turn pyre with (2+0.5:melee_power:):dmg_conflagratory:+burn
    Drops an Urn of the Dead throwing item
    -Auto-Cremation [On Melee Target Hit 50% vs Undead]
    Base Damage: (3+0.45:melee_power:):dmg_conflagratory:

Dig Deeper
    You are running out of space for the bodies, so you dug deeper, finding some wonderful stuff down there.
    Gives Dig Deeper Skill
    -Dig Deeper [20 Cooldown skill]
    Description: Dig to find space to stash all the bodies, keeping what you find. Just be careful of what you find.
    Randomly uses on of the 4 following effects:
    >50% Drops one of the following:Lutefisk, Aged Steak, Aged Cheese, Mud wen, Rune of Digging, Plastic Ore, Burnt out wand
    >25% Drops one of the following: Malachite, Cassiterite, Zincblende, Bauxite, Hematite, Bituminous Coal, Chalk, Saltpetre
    >12.5% Drops one of the following: Horadric Lutefisk cube, Giant Stone Club, Holy Hand Grenade, Bolt of Mass Destruction, Historically inaccurate Viking Helm, Haematic Phylactery, Diamond
    >12.5% Triggers Eldritch Passenger on yourself and drops a Root of T'char
    Eldritch Passenger
    Description: You disturbed something that best be left sleeping, and it is now inhabiting your skull. It grants you some of it's power, but unfortunately it doesn't pay rent.
    Consumes 1 mana every 2 rounds, cannot be canceled, counts as a bad buff.
    Grants: 2:resist_crushing: 2:resist_slashing: 2:resist_piercing: 2:resist_nercomatic: 2:resist_righteous: On hit[drains (3+0.65:melee_power: ):dmg_necromatic: + (3+0.65:melee_power: ):mana_steal:]

Last Lights
    You've just decided to skip the whole thing, and send the corpse along with whatever sort of soul it has straight into the afterlife. Caution: Heavenly beams may send parts of you along with them.
    Gives Last Lights skill and the Auto-Light Proc
    -Last Lights [20 Cooldown, Targets Corpse]
    Description: Send that body to the afterlife with express shipping, netting you some divine favor. Careful though, it grabs stuff nearby due to how much a rush they're in.
    Damages in a cross shape around the corpse with (8+0.2:melee_power:):dmg_righteous:
    Additional Damage Vs Undead (4+0.2:melee_power:):dmg_righteous:
    Gives 10 XP
    -Auto-Light [On Melee Target Hit vs Undead 50%]
    Base Damage: (4+0.2:melee_power:):dmg_righteous:

Load Baring Dirt
    You've finally figured out how to bury them all in time, use the dungeon to bury them for you by collapsing it around them.
    Gives Load Baring Dirt skill
    -Load Baring Dirt [40 Cooldown, Targets Floor]
    Description: By digging in just the right spots, you can make a whole chunks of the dungeon collapse, burying the corpses into the great beyond. Explosively.
    Hits All squares within 2 spaces of the target location, dealing (10+0.2:melee_power:):dmg_crushing: and digging any walls
    Corpse are destroyed, causing damage in a cross shape around the corpse with (8+0.2:melee_power:):dmg_righteous: + Vs Undead (4+0.2:melee_power:):dmg_righteous:
    -Auto-Light [On Melee Target Hit vs Undead 50%]
    Base Damage: (4+0.2:melee_power:):dmg_righteous:

Custom Items:
    Grave Shovel - Polearm - 1,000z
    This shovel has laid enough good men to rest that they've rubbed off on it. Now it's time to lay down the not-so-good.
    Damage: 2:dmg_slashing: 2:dmg_righteous:
    10% Partial Burial on Hit

Urn of the Dead - Thrown - 100z
    Pelt Your foes with the ashes of their comrades. Creepy.
    Damage: 1:dmg_crushing: 5:dmg_existential:
    On hit:
    >4:dmg_righteous: vs Undead
    >Causes Fear

Fell Bottle - Potion - 121z
    Contains a unspeakable cosmic entity, that stupidly got itself trapped in a bottle.
    On use:
    >Gives the Eldritch Passenger buff.

Attached Files:

2. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Well, the concept seems really good. I'll play it in a minute. The damage though bothers me. The first is that all of the scaling is the same. This tells me that you didn't give a whole lot of thought or testing into how much damage it deals. These have .2 scaling on every single piece of damage, making most of them barely scale much at all. Also existential isn't the best damage (but not a huge problem) as some of the early undead resists it (ie. Zombys), which isn't that good as the bonus damage on the first level, as it does less about the early undead than it should.

3. I played around with it, It's a cool idea. :3

4. feral_guy

feral_guy Member

i found not using icons in main folder, and think they are suitable for this skill tree

Buried Alive (this I repainted a bit)
    skill_earthmagic.png

Partial Burial
    spell_earth7_64.png

Cremation
    wreathofexplosion64.png

Dig Deeper
    death64.png

Last Lights (not sure)
    skill_wand_lore2_64.png

5. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I forgot all about this one. :)

Balance-wise, my one real concern is that all of the bonus damage affects Dredmor. It's almost like you wanted to make a melee person able to actually beat him. :p

6. It's not flashy, it doesn't try to to get attention by being called Charlie Sheen, but it's a pretty solid mod! As I've said elsewhere, it's an excellent mod for people who don't want to limit themselves by taking a specific weapon skill, but do need to start with a melee weapon of some kind.

7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I am going to give this a whirl. I never make melee focused builds, but that needs to change. And I can safely get rid of Golemancy and it's game breaking deconstruction spell. Thanks for making it!

8. Hold that thought!

As-is, the mod's icons are all the same. Here's a repacked version of the mod with unique icons referenced by the mod's spells as per feral_guy's suggestion.

Attached Files:

9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Thank you! I found it did not do what I thought, but it does allow me to dig in a manner of speaking. Every forty turns I can dig on an empty tile to get one of the listed items. It really does nothing more than make the items. But that is a 12.5% chance of a Bolt of Mass Destruction too. It is offset by the 12.5% chance of an Eldrich Inhabitation on the player however.

In the earlier version, (Before you posted this one above me.) it had different icons. But one is identical to the icon used by "Become the Dragon" from the Dragon Knight mod.

Sadly without using Necroeconomics it is worthless to me for digging. And with it that is two skills for one purpose. I will have to pass. Thank you though. I really do appreciate the help.

*Edit* I just thought of something and checked. The spells/abilities have icons as I said above, but you are right about the skills menu. They are all the same. I will try the replacement to verify it works as you expect, but I really cannot use this skill in my current ideal build. Expect an edit to this in a minute. :)

*Edited again* It works as expected, and I find the icon for the abilities are now distinctly different from other mods as well. Very nicely done!

*Edited YET AGAIN* I wanted to clarify that I say digging as in the Golemancy Capstone spell. I cannot stand leaving a level with parts unexplored.

Would it ruin the balance to have another skill added here? We could easily add the Golemancy digging spell with a timer or even copy it as it is in Golemancy.

10. Yeah this skill and Archaeology both fit well with having a digging beam of some kind added in as the last spell. It's pretty easy to do, basically just a cut and paste with a change of skill ID number to match the rest of the skillset. Shouldn't even conflict with your existing savegame.

11. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I could easily add it myself. But I am more concerned with making the modification more useful and at least honest. (That is just a joke, but why does it not have a digging skill of some sort?)

It is not my mod so I will not change it without permission. I know this is pretty informal and all, but I would not feel right doing it without asking kitmehsu first.

So to that end: May I add the Golemancy skill Digging Ray here?

While I wait for a reply, I will see if I can figure out the exact proper way to do this. I know it is easy, but I discovered the forum and the mods three days ago. I am an Uber Newblet. :)

12. Dray`Gon

Dray`Gon Member

Since you seem to like digging so much, do you have RotDG? One of my personal favorite core skills comes in that expansion, the Werediggle. You don't have to reach the capstone to get the ability to dig through walls, but it is a longer skill tree so not sure if it's still earlier than Golemancy. The benefits are that, when in werediggle form, you can tunnel every 3 turns and it uses no mana. The downside is that you can't use any non-werediggle skills, but the form can get pretty powerful, and oddly enough, you can still throw or shoot stuff. XD

OmniNegro likes this.
  13. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I do. And I considered that. My werediggles usually died early since they were caster builds though. But I may have to build a decent melee build one of these days. It seems even when my intention is to build a melee build, I still rely heavily on magic skills for the most part. When the game does not use the character's magic power as a baseline for most damages, my builds will be unshackled to freely melee.

Perhaps I will try again though. Thank you for the advice. I had mostly overlooked that ability.

14. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Why would you make a werediggle caster? You can't use magic when in diggle form. If you want ranged attacks, you're better off with a werediggle crosbowman, since you can still shoot as a diggle. Unless you're taking viking magic for the buffs, werediggles and magic seems like an odd combination.

15. Dray`Gon

Dray`Gon Member

From my understanding of what he stated, it would be the fact that most skills scale off of magic power and therefore by having a lot of wizard skills, one would greatly increase every, or nearly every, other skill. That will, however, change when 1.0.10 comes around since I've heard they are adding in scaling to other secondaries.

16. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Exactly. The long wait for 1.0.10...

As for why i would make a WereDiggle Caster, I really do not intend to. When I make a melee build I still keep Mathemagic and sometimes even my loved Golemancy.

I keep Mathemagic purely for the teleports, but since I have it I will spam The Recursive Curse as needed since it is a LoS damage spell with no chance of not hitting the square you intend. Honestly, I suck at melee builds in general. Even as a melee focused character I will take magic power over burliness/melee power. It just works better for me at this point.

17. Dray`Gon

Dray`Gon Member

Well, technically, Werediggle is a rogue skill. Yes, you fight in melee, but you lose bonuses from melee based skills anyways from my understanding. I too, do fairly terrible at making pure melee skillsets as I keep wanting to add certain wizard/rogue skills. :p

18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I would much prefer procs over raw damage, even if the procs are a low chance verses the guarantee of better damage every hit with melee skills. I suppose that makes me more a rogue than a warrior in any build. But I still tend towards magic skills at all times.

19. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Little bit of a bug with the prices. It seems the urns are worth 1000 zorkmids, while the shovels are worth 1 zorkmid.

20. The original author of this thread is AWOL, much like I have recently been. I suggest you crack open the files, make the necessary change, and post the updated files here, or perhaps even in a new thread (so that people stop DLing from the original post,which lacks art assets).