Graphics Problem

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Axiom, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Axiom

Axiom Member

For a few versions now I have been getting a wierd graphical problem. The game runs fine, but just the graphics are all wonky.

The closer I scroll in... the better it looks. Screenshots included.

I am running an alienware 17 laptop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you need more info please let me know

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Have you updated your drivers recently?

3. Axiom

Axiom Member

Yup! I checked before I posted. No one wants to be "that guy" :D

Viion likes this.
  4. Axiom

Axiom Member

Okay. Any other ideas? With the way the graphics are, the game is currently unplayable :_:

Driver_up_to_date.jpg

5. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

A common cause of graphic issues used to be that laptops frequently have 2 GPUS - generally a discrete Intel integrated GPU, and then a better discrete GPU, usually AMD or NVidia. The integrated GPU is usually engaged when you're doing graphically non- demanding things, like checking your email, and the computer is expected to be intelligent about powering up your better GPU for applications like games.

It's possible your computer is trying to run Clockwork Empires on your less-capable integrated GPU. I see the Alienware 17 comes with an NVidia 780M. If you haven't already done so, try opening up your NVidia Control Panel, and force Clockwork Empires to use your NVidia GPU.

grayfox687 likes this.
  6. Axiom

Axiom Member

Hoody Hoo! that worked! Why it stopped about a month ago is beyond me! Now I am can get back to going insane and exploiting fishpeople.

Thank you for the idea Alephred!