Windows XP Gameplay Differences Between 7 and XP

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by The Diggler, Jan 1, 2012.

1. The Diggler

The Diggler Member

I have Dredmor (and RotDG) on steam, and originally played it on my desktop system, which has windows 7 ultimate as it's OS. I recently installed steam on my laptop, which has XP SP3, and started playing dredmor on it as well. Keep in mind, the version of DoD on both systems is 1.0.9

First off, I've noticed some performance differences. Despite the fact that my desktop is far more powerful, I have weird little lag spikes when entering or exiting shops. Hardly an issue, but I figured I'd note it.

The big thing I've noticed though, is that in the XP version, powers that have a knockback effect (specifically Throwing Buffulo Technique and Turn Demon) will not displace/move gates, where in the Windows 7 version, they will quite easily.

Furthermore, although I haven't fully tested this, it seems that Turn Demon will not break some walls in XP like it does in the Windows 7 version.

I would like to note that what is causing the difference may not be the XP vs 7 versions, but that is the only difference I can see between the different installs.