Game stops loading on my netbook.

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Ganonfro, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Ganonfro

Ganonfro Member

When on the "choose thy configuration carefully" screen, it freezes and says Dungeons of Dredmore has stopped working. This wasn't always the case, as I could play it fine up til two days ago, and can still play it if I connect a monitor to it. Did a patch happen when I wasn't paying attention on the 21st? I like being able to play it without being hooked into a monitor as it has a perfectly good screen already.

CP'd from error log

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BEX
    Application Name: Dungeons of Dredmor.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4e27c8d6
    Fault Module Name: Dungeons of Dredmor.exe
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4e27c8d6
    Exception Offset: 000e04e5
    Exception Code: c000000d
    Exception Data: 00000000
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.11
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 74b5
    Additional Information 2: 74b551f6c849f3e8509c40254a28f159
    Additional Information 3: 3482
    Additional Information 4: 3482c77d221884cb58a4a8cffb4128a8

No idea what these mean... Wondering if my computer did an update and it ruined my fun. running windows 7 (starter) if it matters. I was hoping to wait for it to be fixed in the next patch, but I figure I should alert people to a potential problem.

2. satoru

satoru Member

It's long past "Patch Tuesday" so that would be a bit odd. I do have a netbook and I see that a Windows Defender update was installed on 7/22. But no actual patches have been installed.

3. Ganonfro

Ganonfro Member

Hmm... This is a recent change though. I noticed at least one other person describing the same thing that is happening to me on these forums. I'm not the only one this is happening to, it seems.

4. Ganonfro

Ganonfro Member

Oh, I noticed I forgot to mention I'm playing on a eM250 series netbook, if this matters at all.

5. satoru

satoru Member

Admittedly I just loaded a fresh installation onto my Dell insiiron Mini10. The launcher and game loaded fine.

6. satoru

satoru Member

I think you're on the other thread but I recommended this and it seemed to work for the other person. Try it out and let me know how it goes

If you're brave make backups of my documents\gaslamp games\dungeons of dreadmor

and delete the config.txt/config.xml file

7. Ganonfro

Ganonfro Member

Wow. That totally worked! Thanks!